Search

Relocating to Chicago - Short term housing

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2016, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cubbie
And gas is cheaper.
I was with you until this one.

I fill up with gas maybe 5 times a year, other than if I'm taking a road trip. Let's be conservative and say $200 in gas per year (normal gas guzzling sedan) excluding those road trips. I know people in the suburbs who spend that in a month because you have to drive EVERYWHERE!

Now, I do spend a little in public transportation, but for all the day to day stuff I can walk. Even with money spent on the L and an occasional cab, I guarantee I spend half as much as the typical suburbanite on transportation.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA
You make a good point. I was just talking about the price per gallon. I personally don't have to drive much. If I had to commute downtown, I'd live walking distance from a Metra station.

Last edited by cubbie; Jul 10, 2016 at 8:23 pm
Old Jul 11, 2016, 3:57 pm

I just relocated to Chicago with my family about 2 weeks ago and public school selection was the #1 criteria we used when looking for a home. We settled on Coonley elementary (in the North Center neighborhood) as the best school for us, and since moving in we have heard nothing but positive things from the neighbors about the quality of the school. Blaine, Bell, Audubon, and Waters were all on our list as well. All of these schools are in the same general part of town, with Coonley and Blaine being our top 2 choices.

Hopefully this helps you narrow your research!
Old Jul 12, 2016, 11:09 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by eharcler
I just relocated to Chicago with my family about 2 weeks ago and public school selection was the #1 criteria we used when looking for a home. We settled on Coonley elementary (in the North Center neighborhood) as the best school for us, and since moving in we have heard nothing but positive things from the neighbors about the quality of the school. Blaine, Bell, Audubon, and Waters were all on our list as well. All of these schools are in the same general part of town, with Coonley and Blaine being our top 2 choices.

Hopefully this helps you narrow your research!
I have friends who are parents and are very involved with Coonley....they love the school!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.