Wiki Posts
Search

11 hours in ORD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors - Diamond, AA - EXP
11 hours in ORD

So after my flight being cancelled today I find myself now with 11 hours between arriving and departing ORD tomorrow. I've flown through ORD more than any other airport in the world but I have NEVER ventured outside! Looking for recommendations of where I should head to kill a few hours on my first trip outside the airport.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Dan
Old Jun 22, 2016, 7:55 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Go across the road to the Hilton and be safe.,
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by robofski
So after my flight being cancelled today I find myself now with 11 hours between arriving and departing ORD tomorrow. I've flown through ORD more than any other airport in the world but I have NEVER ventured outside! Looking for recommendations of where I should head to kill a few hours on my first trip outside the airport. Dan
OP please provide SPECIFIC details of your flights on Thursday 23 June so that we can try to help. Include baggage information (checked and/or hand).

Thank you.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
OP please provide SPECIFIC details of your flights on Thursday 23 June so that we can try to help. Include baggage information (checked and/or hand).

Thank you.
Arrive at ORD 1100 depart at 2155
Will have a small ruck sack, main bag will be checked.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:40 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Grab the L head down to the Loop and enjoy the city..a cruise on the river is great, check out the Bean, Lake Shore Drive has many sights,

It is a great city, just to people watch..

Time will fly..
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by satman40
Grab the L head down to the Loop and enjoy the city..a cruise on the river is great, check out the Bean, Lake Shore Drive has many sights,

It is a great city, just to people watch..

Time will fly..
Thanks, some idea of where to head is great, someone else mentioned heading for the Bean and taking it from there so perhaps that's what I'll do. Thanks again.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
The heavy weather should be past by tomorrow. Head downtown and just enjoy the city.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by milepig
The heavy weather should be past by tomorrow. Head downtown and just enjoy the city.
If the weather is bad I'll be hold up in the Flagship lounge and hoping I don't drink so much that I miss my flight :-) #prayingforgoodweather
Old Jun 23, 2016, 6:54 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by robofski
Thanks, some idea of where to head is great, someone else mentioned heading for the Bean and taking it from there so perhaps that's what I'll do. Thanks again.
Not sure if you see this as you're likely on your way.

Take the blue line L from ORD all the way to the Monroe stop downtown. Walk east toward the lake and you'll come out in front of the Art Institute, with Millennium Park to the north (left).

Have lunch at the park or The Gage, on the west side of Michigan Avenue across from the museum (24 S. Michigan Ave). If it's a nice day, walk around the park, if it's raining, visit the Art Institute.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JBord
Not sure if you see this as you're likely on your way.

Take the blue line L from ORD all the way to the Monroe stop downtown. Walk east toward the lake and you'll come out in front of the Art Institute, with Millennium Park to the north (left).

Have lunch at the park or The Gage, on the west side of Michigan Avenue across from the museum (24 S. Michigan Ave). If it's a nice day, walk around the park, if it's raining, visit the Art Institute.
Thanks for the ideas, at the airport in STL hoping for a trouble free flight up to ORD in the next hour!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.