FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Midwest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/midwest-455/)
-   -   11 hours in ORD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/midwest/1773865-11-hours-ord.html)

robofski Jun 22, 2016 6:56 pm

11 hours in ORD

So after my flight being cancelled today I find myself now with 11 hours between arriving and departing ORD tomorrow. I've flown through ORD more than any other airport in the world but I have NEVER ventured outside! Looking for recommendations of where I should head to kill a few hours on my first trip outside the airport.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Dan

satman40 Jun 22, 2016 7:55 pm

Go across the road to the Hilton and be safe.,

Non-NonRev Jun 22, 2016 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by robofski (Post 26817428)
So after my flight being cancelled today I find myself now with 11 hours between arriving and departing ORD tomorrow. I've flown through ORD more than any other airport in the world but I have NEVER ventured outside! Looking for recommendations of where I should head to kill a few hours on my first trip outside the airport. Dan

OP please provide SPECIFIC details of your flights on Thursday 23 June so that we can try to help. Include baggage information (checked and/or hand).

Thank you.

robofski Jun 22, 2016 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev (Post 26817655)
OP please provide SPECIFIC details of your flights on Thursday 23 June so that we can try to help. Include baggage information (checked and/or hand).

Thank you.

Arrive at ORD 1100 depart at 2155
Will have a small ruck sack, main bag will be checked.

satman40 Jun 22, 2016 9:40 pm

Grab the L head down to the Loop and enjoy the city..a cruise on the river is great, check out the Bean, Lake Shore Drive has many sights,

It is a great city, just to people watch..

Time will fly..

robofski Jun 22, 2016 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by satman40 (Post 26818061)
Grab the L head down to the Loop and enjoy the city..a cruise on the river is great, check out the Bean, Lake Shore Drive has many sights,

It is a great city, just to people watch..

Time will fly..

Thanks, some idea of where to head is great, someone else mentioned heading for the Bean and taking it from there so perhaps that's what I'll do. Thanks again.

milepig Jun 22, 2016 9:50 pm

The heavy weather should be past by tomorrow. Head downtown and just enjoy the city.

robofski Jun 22, 2016 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by milepig (Post 26818106)
The heavy weather should be past by tomorrow. Head downtown and just enjoy the city.

If the weather is bad I'll be hold up in the Flagship lounge and hoping I don't drink so much that I miss my flight :-) #prayingforgoodweather

JBord Jun 23, 2016 6:54 am

Originally Posted by robofski (Post 26818089)
Thanks, some idea of where to head is great, someone else mentioned heading for the Bean and taking it from there so perhaps that's what I'll do. Thanks again.

Not sure if you see this as you're likely on your way.

Take the blue line L from ORD all the way to the Monroe stop downtown. Walk east toward the lake and you'll come out in front of the Art Institute, with Millennium Park to the north (left).

Have lunch at the park or The Gage, on the west side of Michigan Avenue across from the museum (24 S. Michigan Ave). If it's a nice day, walk around the park, if it's raining, visit the Art Institute.

robofski Jun 23, 2016 7:11 am

Originally Posted by JBord (Post 26819399)
Not sure if you see this as you're likely on your way.

Take the blue line L from ORD all the way to the Monroe stop downtown. Walk east toward the lake and you'll come out in front of the Art Institute, with Millennium Park to the north (left).

Have lunch at the park or The Gage, on the west side of Michigan Avenue across from the museum (24 S. Michigan Ave). If it's a nice day, walk around the park, if it's raining, visit the Art Institute.

Thanks for the ideas, at the airport in STL hoping for a trouble free flight up to ORD in the next hour!