Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by guy44134
I am not certain that this is correct. You can certainly check in online 24 ahead of departure, but generally you cannot check your bag in more that 3-4 hours prior to departure. Check with your individual airline. As another poster mentioned, call the Airport Sheraton and see if they just might let you store your bag. Otherwise, I'm not sure what other options you have.
You are probably right. I was likely thinking of baggage transfers where the airlines will transfer bags between flights as along as the connection is not longer than 24 hours.
guy44134 likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 6:50 pm

New art work in the Federal Inspection Station (FIS) at CLE by a great Cleveland artist, Paul Duda.

Old May 14, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: AA US
^ I had seen a photograph of that wall - had no idea it was *that* big.
Old May 14, 2018, 3:52 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by RobS
^ I had seen a photograph of that wall - had no idea it was *that* big.
Or that gaudy. I'll see it firsthand this Sunday.
Old May 14, 2018, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
Or that gaudy. I'll see it firsthand this Sunday.
De gustibus non disputandum est.
RNE likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 5:53 am
RNE

Today is the day Icelandair begins service!

TSMRSRNE and I will be there to take the inaugural flight to KEF. Afterward, I'll post a review on the Trip Report forum.

RNE, expecting to be on Cleveland TV news.
guy44134, Xyzzy and RobS like this.
Old May 16, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: AA US
^Have a great trip. The PD's Susan Glaser should be on the inbound plane.
Old May 16, 2018, 12:37 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by RobS
The PD's Susan Glaser should be on the inbound plane.
Ms. Glaser's 737MAX-8 is on its way. https://www.flightstats.com/v2/fligh...5/16/959355333

RNE, saying this will be the farthest I've flown in a 737. Guess that's why they call this version max.
Old May 16, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RNE
Today is the day Icelandair begins service!

TSMRSRNE and I will be there to take the inaugural flight to KEF. Afterward, I'll post a review on the Trip Report forum.

RNE, expecting to be on Cleveland TV news.
I was supposed to be on that flight. Son broke his ankle and I'm chief care giver. I'm disappointed.
Old May 16, 2018, 1:39 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by manneca
I was supposed to be on that flight. Son broke his ankle and I'm chief care giver. I'm disappointed.
My condolences to your son and your family. Hopefully the injury is healing well.

Did you reschedule your flight(s)? Hopefully, NEO'ers will fill FI and WW's planes, so this direct-to-EU option stays around. Because of it, we can conveniently leave for the airport at the end of the workday. Flying UA means wasting half the afternoon at EWR or ORD.

RNE, asking who else is going CLE to EU via these carriers this year?
Old May 16, 2018, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
My condolences to your son and your family. Hopefully the injury is healing well.

Did you reschedule your flight(s)? Hopefully, NEO'ers will fill FI and WW's planes, so this direct-to-EU option stays around. Because of it, we can conveniently leave for the airport at the end of the workday. Flying UA means wasting half the afternoon at EWR or ORD.

RNE, asking who else is going CLE to EU via these carriers this year?
Well said about not having to waste a day of work transiting another large hub! I hope both flights are successful. It is encouraging that FI has year-round flights already scheduled. I'm not sure what WW's intentions are--is their winter schedule just not out yet or were the flights supposed to be seasonal only? I will be doing CLE-KEF-TXL-KEF-CLE (May 25-June 3) on FI. Looking forward to the experience. Did you receive an offer to bid on an upgrade to Saga Class? While tempting, I think I will pass on these relatively short flights, especially with a suggested bid of $385 and $325 per segment.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:08 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by guy44134
Did you receive an offer to bid on an upgrade to Saga Class? While tempting, I think I will pass on these relatively short flights, especially with a suggested bid of $385 and $325 per segment.
Yes, I did receive that option (amounts were $5 more than yours). Go figure. I declined to bid.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:33 pm
RNE

By the way, no TSA PreCheck on our boarding passes, despite putting in our KTNs.
Old May 16, 2018, 3:18 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by RNE
By the way, no TSA PreCheck on our boarding passes, despite putting in our KTNs.
Icelandair is not a TSA Pre✓ participating airline.
Old May 16, 2018, 7:23 pm

Pics from Icelandair's CLE Inaugural Flights

Departure Screen

Arrival Screen

Check-in Counter

FI837 Water Cannon Salute, operated appropriately enough, by TF-ICY.

Icelandic cake

Famous Icelandic singer Lay Low.

Outbound flight crew (flight was captained by a woman).

Cutting the ribbon

New screens at the beginning of A Concourse
pudgym29 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.