Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Flying out this morning, two notable changes
1- It appears that the inline baggage processing upgrade has been 'finished', or at least, no longer need to schlep bags to from the ticket counter to TSA.
Yeah, there was a story in the news about that a couple weeks ago. They finished the baggage upgrade for the South end of the terminal - I believe the cost was $36 million
Old Nov 7, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by paule123
Yeah, there was a story in the news about that a couple weeks ago. They finished the baggage upgrade for the South end of the terminal - I believe the cost was $36 million
Must have just finished after my last trip. The CTX machines are still sitting out in the lobby creating a bottleneck... Wonder how long it will take to get them gone.

At least this one I can rationalize $36m for an 'invisible' upgrade. I'm still not sure what the previous however-many-million upgrade yielded for the passengers besides less convenient security checkpoints, less convenient off-airport parking pickup/drop off and a couple revolving doors.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Must have just finished after my last trip. The CTX machines are still sitting out in the lobby creating a bottleneck... Wonder how long it will take to get them gone.
IIRC the airport director said the CTX will be removed January 2018. Perhaps they are keeping them as a backup plan for the holiday travel season in case the new system has a meltdown.
lincolnjkc likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
There is also a new eatery going into Concourse C by the end of December: Sides to Go BBQ.

On an unrelated note, Southwest's twice-daily service to MKE started earlier this week.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 6:03 pm

Look at the gem I just found from 1975. It even envisioned the D concourse, connected to the terminal with a people mover system. Note all the widebody jets-oh the optimism! I remember the wooden model of the new terminal when I was a kid, and always wondered what they were going to do with it once the construction was completed (because I sure would have loved to have it!).
Attached Images   

Last edited by guy44134; Nov 11, 2017 at 6:13 am
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:01 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Originally Posted by guy44134
Look at the gem I just found from 1975. It even envisioned the D concourse, connected to the terminal with a people mover system. Note all the widebody jets-oh the optimism! I remember the wooden model of the new terminal when I was a kid, and always wondered what they were going to do with it once the construction was completed (because I sure would have loved to have it!).

trying to read this but the World of Hyatt lady blocks the middle of the post on my I phone.looks interesting.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 3:12 am

Programs: UA
Reduced FL nonstop

it seems UA has greatly reduced their seasonal nonstop offerings to RSW this season. MCO daily nonstop also reduced to less frequency. Is this the beginning of the end for these flights?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 2:52 pm
RNE

What days of the week in December (if any) does United fly nonstop between CLE and CUN?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
What days of the week in December (if any) does United fly nonstop between CLE and CUN?
Saturday
Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:35 am
RNE

Originally Posted by FreqFlyerCLE
Saturday
Gracias.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA US
I like the rumor on another board that UA is having regrets.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by RobS
I like the rumor on another board that UA is having regrets.
Where is this rumor? What board? Interesting...
Old Nov 24, 2017, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by FreqFlyerCLE
Where is this rumor? What board? Interesting...
In the CLE discussion on another "airliners." related website, there is talk that UA is considering beefing up service at CLE in spring, basically to help generate revenue to help cover the fixed operating costs of CLE. No proof has been offered to support this claim, however. I hope it's true.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Given loads on my flights out of CLE (where more than 1-2 empty seats are rare) I wouldn't be surprised, but I would expect the bulk of any additions would be CLE-HUB flights... maybe (hopefully) additional CLE-LAX/SFO/DEN mainline frequencies since it's become a PITA to get out West without leaving at ungodly hours of the morning or taking the "scenic" route [last week I flew CLE-ORD-DEN-SMF to avoid being up at the crack of pre-dawn, a CR7/E170 to Denver, or spending 5 hours in ORD, for example].

Or heck, maybe even mainline to IAD. I still can't believe that I've never found a mainline CLE-IAD or IAD-CLE on any of my trips.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by guy44134
In the CLE discussion on another "airliners." related website, there is talk that UA is considering beefing up service at CLE in spring, basically to help generate revenue to help cover the fixed operating costs of CLE. No proof has been offered to support this claim, however. I hope it's true.
I saw what you’re referencing. Interesting if it comes to fruition. I hope so. But this is UA and CLE so...I’ll wait and see. I’ve always said that reopening Concourse D and increasing capacity could help relieve some of UAs of overcrowding at ORD & EWR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.