Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Old May 26, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
Predictions for new service?

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Coming home from a trip last night it was odd -- and nice -- to see so much hustle and bustle on C -- GLBC, BS, and many of the hold rooms were full to the point of almost overflowing.
I'll be flying Frontier in mid-June... I'm curious to see Concourse A after the reshuffle. In early June, I'll get my first taste of departing from C on AA, too. They're keeping things interesting for sure. I hope there is continued forward momentum with the airport and additional routes/services keep on popping up at a sustainable rate.

What do you all think the next changes may be? I know they are working on the behind-the-scenes bag sorting, but what are your predictions for what other improvements or additional routes may be coming next?
Old May 26, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA Milage Plus
Originally Posted by plinth857
I'll be flying Frontier in mid-June... I'm curious to see Concourse A after the reshuffle. In early June, I'll get my first taste of departing from C on AA, too. They're keeping things interesting for sure. I hope there is continued forward momentum with the airport and additional routes/services keep on popping up at a sustainable rate.

What do you all think the next changes may be? I know they are working on the behind-the-scenes bag sorting, but what are your predictions for what other improvements or additional routes may be coming next?
I am hoping that jetBlue will decide to add some more routes or added frequencies besides BOS & FLL. Many have speculated that they will be adding JFK, MCO, and LAX, although MCO and LAX is already on 3 different airlines so the competition may steer them away. I will be flying them to BOS fairly soon and I will post some pictures of the airport if anybody is interested.
Old May 28, 2017, 4:28 pm

CLE Gate Re-Shufflies

Here are some more pics from today. It's still strange to see AA on Concourse C, but it was good to see things so busy again. Tiny C2 is now being used by AA, and C3 is still used for ground-level boarding until the jetways come (none on the odd side of C). Looks like Frontier is taking A8 and A10 (not sure about A12), as there is now an F9 counter at those gates and lines are marked for A320 & A321's.
Attached Images           

Last edited by guy44134; May 28, 2017 at 4:40 pm
Old May 30, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Just made my first pass through C since the AA move- with C2-C14 allocated to AA, where is JetBlue now?
Old May 30, 2017, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by Wooglin
Just made my first pass through C since the AA move- with C2-C14 allocated to AA, where is JetBlue now?
jetBlue is at their dedicated gate C6. Remember, AA is currently using common-use gates until their gates' jetways are installed.
Old May 30, 2017, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by guy44134
jetBlue is at their dedicated gate C6. Remember, AA is currently using common-use gates until their gates' jetways are installed.
d'oh. I must have been in a fog this morning, I walked right past C6 and didn't notice.
​​​Returning home I just saw it.

And the AA gates look nice/permanent, I wouldn't have known they were common-use at first glance. Digital signage and those boarding lane barriers go a long way I guess.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 3:58 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Looks like they are still using A1 and A3. Plane parked at A1 this morning. All the C gates are not ready. Then I guess everything will be on C.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Hilton
Moving to Cleveland. Credit card?

I have held various forms of Delta American Express for some years because we lived in Cincinnati where the majority of flights are from that airline- though it is changing for the better. Not a really frequent flier, most flights are to west coast or Germany to see relatives. Do any of you Cleveland ffs have an opinion on whether I should change my credit card or credit card use now that we are moving to Cleveland?
Old Jun 3, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: AA US
^Personally, I find ff miles so hard to use these days that I mostly ignore the programs except for upgrades.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RobS
^Personally, I find ff miles so hard to use these days that I mostly ignore the programs except for upgrades.
Huh? That is massively short-sighted, even in 2017.
If you are patient and persistent, you can still pretty much get anywhere you want any time, especially if you have multiple mileage currencies.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Hilton
I have never had a problem using Delta miles for flights though I often just use the card for free luggage and earlier boarding. I also have a Venture card that I use for various things. Perhaps I will just keep them !
Old Jun 3, 2017, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by gungadin
I have never had a problem using Delta miles for flights though I often just use the card for free luggage and earlier boarding. I also have a Venture card that I use for various things. Perhaps I will just keep them !
That's what I would do... most of your flights will likely be with connections anyhow. I end up using the branded card of whatever airline has the government contract between Cleveland and Dallas (currently AA, but it was UA at one point), since I few times per year, I will fly that airline whether I want to or not. I'm glad it is AA; it's nice to get nonstop flights every once in a while.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by guy44134
As of Thursday, those Jetways have been moved over to the aprons at C3, 5, 7, 9 and I think 11 but haven't been installed.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:16 am

Old service center

I would love to see the airport do something with the old Continental/United "service center" that's near the C7/C9 gate area. Putting the big guitar display there was a nice attempt at distraction, but it still looks lousy. A small shop, or even an art display nook would be nice.

Just for fun, I think they should put a piano in there, so I can play a little while I'm waiting for a flight. But seriously, I wish they would do SOMETHING with it.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 3:12 pm

Walking from B/PreCheck security to C, I was thrown off by seeing a crowd of people at C2. Makes it feel like CLE is growing, even if it's only because I have to walk past all the AA traffic that used to be in A

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.