Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
Looks like Frontier is going to make an announcement of a new route(s?) to/from CLE tomorrow. I wonder if they plan to utilize more gate space when American moves to Concourse C.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:11 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by plinth857
Looks like Frontier is going to make an announcement of a new route(s?) to/from CLE tomorrow. I wonder if they plan to utilize more gate space when American moves to Concourse C.
Is there an objective measure of Frontier's operational reliability out of CLE with the routes they are operating? Subjectively, it seems like when I walk by the flight boards more often than not they have a delay canceled, and they had a major fail for my fiancée's brother and his new wife on their honeymoon to MCO ("Delayed" --- "Delayed, but stay near the gate" --- "Delayed" --- "Aircraft is here" --- "Crew Timed Out" --- "Getting a new crew" --- "Crew didn't show up" --- "Gate agents are saying no one is answering the phone at Frontier" --- "Gate agents said Frontier said Ah, screw it, come back tomorrow for a special flight"... [frontier.com showed the flight as on-time for this 6+ hour mess, while flightaware.com showed the flight as cancelled after about 2.5 hours]... Next day, "special" flight was delayed by 90+ while they cancelled another flight and moved everyone on that flight to this flight. The flight back from MCO was "only" delayed by about 2 hours... needless to say F9 didn't win any fans from that one.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
So how will UA respond to the new IAH service on F9, shrink planes to ERJ135 from 145? HA, they better wake up or F9 will keep them in retreat.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by coplatua1k
So how will UA respond to the new IAH service on F9, shrink planes to ERJ135 from 145? HA, they better wake up or F9 will keep them in retreat.
Is that really what F9 is planning to announce?
Old Jan 31, 2017, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by Wooglin
I hear it is routes to IAH, CLT, and (this last one is the only one that I care about) SAN. The San Diego route will be quite welcome, and it fits Frontier's model since it is also a leisure destination. I think it will capture a few business travelers, though, even if it is the usual 3 days a week with only somewhat reliable service.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: hoarding miles
Yup. IAH, CLT, MSP and SAN 3x week.
http://www.cleveland.com/travel/inde...incart_m-rpt-2
Old Feb 1, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Current schedule to IAH all regional jets mostly 145's. Even with Super Bowl weekend coming up. As a comparison most ORD flights are 737 now and IAH is over twice the distance.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
Current schedule to IAH all regional jets mostly 145's. Even with Super Bowl weekend coming up. As a comparison most ORD flights are 737 now and IAH is over twice the distance.
This is a direct result of ExpressJet's crew base here and United's unwillingness to upguage anything between CLE and IAH. It's an unpleasant flight for that amount of time on those little Embraers.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 5:43 am

Follow-up to the CLE runway maintenance fiasco story upthread...

Demotion of Cleveland airport whistleblower appears to have been in retaliation, OSHA finds
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA
Changes in C

Looks like Chick-FilA is setting up shop in an old UA gate in C, just beyond shoe shine place, and Paninis is closed and construction is happening where it used to be. Any ideas what's happening?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by FreqFlyerCLE
Looks like Chick-FilA is setting up shop in an old UA gate in C, just beyond shoe shine place, and Paninis is closed and construction is happening where it used to be. Any ideas what's happening?
I saw that tiny Chick-Fil-A area yesterday lste afternoon and thought....how tiny, maybe this was a gesture by an airline to feed passengers on a way delayed flight (which sure would have been a nice one). I mean it is that tiny, though be it with Chick -Fil -A signage. The larger CFA restaurant is just past the TSA screening on the left headed towards C so not far away. Quite a long line in that one 4:00-ish.

I didn't remember a Paninis being where the new construction is, didn't see a sign with Coming Soon _____ (fill in the blank), I looked for one.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 8:23 pm

C5 is now a Chick-Fil-A...?

It was open for lunch today at 1100 when I passed by.
​​​​$10 boxed lunches (Chicken Sandwich, Fries, Cookie and drink). Also a few other select menu items available, including salads. No seating, just grab and go food.

It was a very strange sight- It literally popped up in <48 hours- Empty C5 gate was there when I left Tuesday am, but now a fast food restaurant up and running when I came home.

Last edited by Wooglin; Feb 23, 2017 at 8:33 pm
Old Feb 25, 2017, 1:26 am

​​​​$10 boxed lunches (Chicken Sandwich, Fries, Cookie and drink). Also a few other select menu items available, including salads. No seating, just grab and go food.

It was a very strange sight- It literally popped up in <48 hours- Empty C5 gate was there when I left Tuesday am, but now a fast food restaurant up and running when I came home.

will it be open on sunday?? Someone please report if possible! Tia
Old Feb 25, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100

C4 now appears to be some kind of temporary bar setup with a Brew Kettle logo on it.
Looks weird. Zero personality. Wasn't open when I walked past Friday afternoon.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by moops380
will it be open on sunday?? Someone please report if possible! Tia
There's only a few things you can count on in life:

Death, taxes, and every Chick-Fil-A being closed on Sundays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.