Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2016, 10:43 am

For what it's worth Volaris has applied to fly ZIH-CLE.... I don't ever see this working out beyond a Saturday only service or say maybe twice a week if it even materializes but who knows.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 737MAX
For what it's worth Volaris has applied to fly ZIH-CLE.... I don't ever see this working out beyond a Saturday only service or say maybe twice a week if it even materializes but who knows.
It's probably Volaris operating a charter for one of those vacation companies as opposed to regularly scheduled service.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 4:16 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rolltribe
It's probably Volaris operating a charter for one of those vacation companies as opposed to regularly scheduled service.
I don't know... from the regulatory filing (http://www.regulations.gov/document?...2016-0135-0001)

Volaris applauds the new agreement, and is pleased that it will be able to enter new US-Mexico markets expeditiously and as dictated by market forces. Volaris is proud to have grown its presence in the US-Mexico market since it first launched service in 2009, and is pleased to note that it currently serves 48 U.S.-Mexico city pairs.
The route authority requested is provided for under the Agreement, which was signed by the two governments on December 18, 2015. Pursuant to Annex I, Section A.2 of the Agreement, Volaris requests authority to provide foreign scheduled transportation of persons, property, and mail on the following routing:
a. From a point or points in Mexico to a point or points in the United States;
[...]
c. From Acapulco, Chihuahua, Guadalajara, Guaymas, Hermosillo, Huatulco, La Paz, Loreto, Manzanillo, Mazatlan, Mexico City, Toluca, Monterrey, Puerto Escondido, Puerto Vallarta, San Jose del Cabo, and lxtapa/ Zihuatanejo to Cleveland, Detroit, Philadelphia, Washington, and Baltimore and beyond to Canada;
[...]
Volaris also requests authority to perform charter service on the routings authorized under Annex II of the Agreement, in accordance with Part 212 of the DOT Regulations.
All emphasis mine; it certainly reads like they're requesting authority for "normal" scheduled service on the routes -- whether there's the market there to support it and whether with authority granted the route is likely to actually happen or survive may be a different story, however...
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: AA US
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
I don't know... from the regulatory filing (http://www.regulations.gov/document?...2016-0135-0001)

All emphasis mine; it certainly reads like they're requesting authority for "normal" scheduled service on the routes -- whether there's the market there to support it and whether with authority granted the route is likely to actually happen or survive may be a different story, however...
This is permissive authority; Volaris need not operate any specific route. The huge blanket filing lets them keep their real intentions secret and avoid competitive preemption.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA US
Here's a nice promotion for Cleveland in USA Today:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel...ning/87662838/
Old Aug 3, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
AS new service

I wonder if Alaska Airlines has CLE on their radar. They just announced new service between IND and SEA - this is their first service to Seattle. CLE does already have seasonal service via Frontier. Perhaps AS is seeing if Frontier sticks it out before they even consider it.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Saw a Delta jet (727??) parked at Burke with door open and steps in place. Charter for the Twins? I don't think I've seen either a commercial jet or a mainline sized jet at Burke.

(Since we've been placed in Midwest, I'm thinking this is appropriate for this wandering thread.)
Old Aug 5, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by manneca
Saw a Delta jet (727??) parked at Burke with door open and steps in place. Charter for the Twins? I don't think I've seen either a commercial jet or a mainline sized jet at Burke.

(Since we've been placed in Midwest, I'm thinking this is appropriate for this wandering thread.)
Yep. it's a 757. Looks like they flew from Burke to Tampa last night.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL8887
Old Aug 5, 2016, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by manneca

Continental used to park a 737 over there during the airshow a few years back...it's rare but it has happened from time to time.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 8:54 am

WN released their spring break schedule yesterday, Saturday service to MCO and RSW didn't return. LAS and PHX go double daily Sun-Fri, Saturday LAS is once daily while PHX goes 3x daily. No surprise on RSW/MCO being cut with DL, UA, F9, NK, WN at CAK and G4 serving those routes between CLE and CAK.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
How can I find out the effective dates of UA's CLE-RSW nonstop service this winter?
Old Aug 5, 2016, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by paule123
How can I find out the effective dates of UA's CLE-RSW nonstop service this winter?
I just searched through their app, looks like it runs 12/16-4/3 daily.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:17 am

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
Continental used to park a 737 over there during the airshow a few years back...it's rare but it has happened from time to time.
The last couple of years, United has a 737 and ERJ-145 on display during the airshow. It's particularly neat to see the engines up close, as they take the outer shell apart so you can see inside!
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by plinth857
The last couple of years, United has a 737 and ERJ-145 on display during the airshow. It's particularly neat to see the engines up close, as they take the outer shell apart so you can see inside!
Not to wander too far off topic, but if you happen to have the chance to stand inside an engine ever I have to highly recommend it... Gives you a whole new perspective on size.

(I still love the client that "made me" do that to their airplane).

Last edited by lincolnjkc; Aug 5, 2016 at 11:25 am Reason: Ugh. Typos.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: WN A List, Mileage Plus Silver, Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver
Trump's plane landed at Burke - or at least that's what this video looked like. I've never seen full size jets land there but it sounds like they can and do!

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2...p-vs-ted-cruz/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.