Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA Milage Plus
Originally Posted by haddon90
is great lakes brewing still in C? i try to go through CLE once a year cause i love transiting the airport but now it's becoming increasingly more difficult.
Yes.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by FreqFlyerCLE
In CLE now and UA customer service center has moved temporarily to C17. A sign of things to come? There were a few flights UA out of lower C gates as usual but who knows...
Got a pic?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by CleUnited
Back when UA was over on b concourse before the merger and moving C, B-7 was one of our gates we used and it was an overnight gate mostly where we would put a mainline there. I remember working the night the B-7 bridge actually broke. Electrics and the wheel motors blew completely taking it out of service. Has been sitting on stilts ever since that night. Repairs would have been the cost of an entire new bridge. The expression on my coworkers face when the thing shut itself down was kind of comical. I was ops and he was arrival gate agent.

So it's about time the city started to fix and scrap the old jumpy bridge...

Cle2Den
LOL. I agree about fixing things. The bag rooms are an absolute mess and there is rust everywhere and most of it is in plain sight. What a shame CLE has become.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by oscar555
Yes.
good to know. i'm going to try and route through CLE this winter. always enjoyed that place.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:27 pm

good to know. i'm going to try and route through CLE this winter. always enjoyed that place.
Have fun. I'm a native CLE person; been here all my life. Hopefully all the construction will be done when you come. I got back from DEN on 6/30 and as I walked out all of the signs and baggage areas were loaded with rust.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:30 pm

Have fun. I'm a native CLE person; been here all my life. Hopefully all the construction will be done when you come. I got back from DEN on 6/30 and as I walked out all of the signs and baggage areas were loaded with rust.
i just transit via CLE. a little more difficult now without the hub status but if possible i'll just SDC.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:32 pm

i just transit via CLE. a little more difficult now without the hub status but if possible i'll just SDC.
Care to share what flights, etc. you do to get thru CLE?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:38 pm

Care to share what flights, etc. you do to get thru CLE?
in the past i'd do SFO/LAX-CLE-PHL/BWI/DCA/IAD...nowadays i'm relegated to SFO-CLE-IAD.

i've also done LAX-LAS-CLE-PHL. it just depends if i can get the timing right, and with UA gutting CLE it's becoming harder. i have found an option LAX-CLE-IAD around xmas time that i may try. we'll see.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:59 pm

in the past i'd do SFO/LAX-CLE-PHL/BWI/DCA/IAD...nowadays i'm relegated to SFO-CLE-IAD.

i've also done LAX-LAS-CLE-PHL. it just depends if i can get the timing right, and with UA gutting CLE it's becoming harder. i have found an option LAX-CLE-IAD around xmas time that i may try. we'll see.
Nice. Do you book it as a multi-stop/trip or whatever they call it?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:30 pm

Nice. Do you book it as a multi-stop/trip or whatever they call it?
i either do the multi stop or attempt an SDC
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by coplatua1k
B6 adding a third flight to BOS, in the spring. They will finally have an early departure and will overnight a plane at CLE to accommodate the early departure to BOS.
With WN adding a gate in B they wont be moving to C anytime soon. That leaves a great deal of empty gate space in C with the UA move is true.
Do you have an article or something about the additional flight?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Do you have an article or something about the additional flight?
Seems like it's already for sale, 3x daily starts 05/04 from BOS, 05/05 from CLE.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Seems like it's already for sale, starts 05/05.
Thanks for that info. I will go look at the details. I looked last night and I couldn't find anything. Wish me luck!
Old Oct 7, 2015, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
One of the travel reporters at the CLE Pain Dealer, resigned. She used to read the UA/CO forums to garner leads. So the current reporter will pick up on the new flights sometime in April if she is not writing about F9 and failing to report the flight cuts they are making at CLE. Example DEN going seasonal....I'm happy B6 is overnighting a plane but I sure wish they'd add more destinations from CLE.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:32 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Who was the reporter. Actually I told her about this site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.