Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2015, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
Ultimate Air finally arrives....

Ultimate Air flying LUK to BKL....CO couldn't fill a 19 seater CLE to CVG but I hope Ultimate does well. I will use the service as I used the CO service to CVG from CLE. Finally non stop service had been restored. Should be all the better since Kasich derailed the proposed train service.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 7:10 pm

$400

For $400 RT hope this fails--what a rip off
Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by trk1
For $400 RT hope this fails--what a rip off
$379 and there's a BOGO promo now.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
Well if $400 is too rich you could always stick with UA via ORD and IAD for $306 with a Saturday stay and advance purchase or the walk up bargain of $466. Those bargain fares come with a connection and take over three hours.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 11:57 am

take a car

take a car and save $350
Old Sep 6, 2015, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by coplatua1k
Ultimate Air flying LUK to BKL....CO couldn't fill a 19 seater CLE to CVG but I hope Ultimate does well.
Note that UE does not provide schedule commercial passenger service but rather scheduled public charter service as such one has different passenger rights against the airline but also possibly against insurance companies.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: AA US
Ultimate operates outside the TSA cordon. They tell pax to be at the gate 15 minutes before flight time, which takes an hour off the trip - makes the short haul Cleveland-Cincinnati flight worth doing again.

Assuming the passenger is traveling downtown to downtown, an Ultimate trip will take 2 hours, vs. 5+ for driving and who knows how long via ORD.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: hoarding miles
I'm more excited about the speculation in the article about future service to ALB.
The company expects to add other cities out of Cleveland in time, he said. Traveler Robert Salmon expects flights to Albany, N.Y.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 5:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
And I'm even more excited about Jeff Smisek being gone!
Old Sep 9, 2015, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by RobS
Ultimate operates outside the TSA cordon. They tell pax to be at the gate 15 minutes before flight time, which takes an hour off the trip - makes the short haul Cleveland-Cincinnati flight worth doing again.

Assuming the passenger is traveling downtown to downtown, an Ultimate trip will take 2 hours, vs. 5+ for driving and who knows how long via ORD.
I drive this frequently and 95% of the time it takes under 4 hours. 3 lanes from cle-cbus and the raised speed limit both help. Google shows via I-71 S 3 h 46 min.

Having said this...

If you really just need to be between downtowns for the day or days this can make sense, hope they pick up some more destinations. Seems to be priced right for corporate travelers.

Last edited by moops380; Sep 9, 2015 at 6:36 am
Old Sep 28, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I have a 6 am flight tomorrow. It looks like B will be the only checkpoint open. What time does pre check open?
Old Sep 28, 2015, 8:53 am
RNE

Checkpoint B: Pre Check opens at 3:45 a.m. But at that hour, how badly would one need expidited service?

RNE, inviting you to come to the CLE Do this Wednesday!
Old Sep 28, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Based on reports from coworkers this week, security at CLE is a disaster right now. B is now exclusively precheck, so the Delta/Southwest people are going to C or the single lane A checkpoint. One coworker (not elite or precheck) was on a morning flight a couple days ago and said the C checkpoint took over an hour and he barely made his flight.

Edit: Just heard that United is charging people $49 if they want "expedited security" at the C checkpoint ??

Last edited by paule123; Sep 28, 2015 at 9:42 am
Old Sep 28, 2015, 9:40 am

Programs: UA
Gates shifting

Rumor has it that after January 1st, UA will only operate out of the "banjo" gates in C. Not sure why and if any other airlines will make use of close-in C gates. Not good news IMO. Anyone else hear about this? Is it UA that's scaling back or CLE that is pushing UA out?
Old Sep 28, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: United, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz, National
Originally Posted by paule123
Based on reports from coworkers this week, security at CLE is a disaster right now. B is now exclusively precheck, so the Delta/Southwest people are going to C or the single lane A checkpoint. One coworker (not elite or precheck) was on a morning flight a couple days ago and said the C checkpoint took over an hour and he barely made his flight.

Edit: Just heard that United is charging people $49 if they want "expedited security" at the C checkpoint ??
Isn't that just the Premier Access add-on that's been around for a while?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.