Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2021, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Have they resumed curbside skycap service at the United entrance?

Originally Posted by RNE
My experience at the airport's "breezeway" shuttle-parking pickup Saturday evening was atrocious. It was so jampacked, people and luggage spilled out from under the awning into the vans' parking spaces.
This is the kind of thing that makes me question the competence of airport management. An obvious problem with a simple and relatively inexpensive solution. Bump the damn awning out another 6 or 8 feet so that people with, ya know, luggage can pass by each other. There's plenty of pavement there to accomodate it and not interfere with bus movement. I always think "great job, Mr. Mayor!" as I walk past his dedicated VIP parking spot on the way to that debacle of a shuttle pick up area.
RNE likes this.

Last edited by paule123; Jun 18, 2021 at 3:37 pm
Old Jun 22, 2021, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA
First flight since COVID19

Taking my first flight tomorrow (UA) since April 2020. I was hoping the UC Club would’ve been open by now. UA sent me a SMS saying I should arrive at least 2 hours early due to long TSA lines at CLE. Before pandemic I would’ve presumed that Wednesday would not be too busy but that was because of fewer business travelers midweek. Now, however…I will heed their advice! Here’s hoping for friendly skies!
Old Jun 22, 2021, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by FreqFlyerCLE
Taking my first flight tomorrow (UA) since April 2020. I was hoping the UC Club would’ve been open by now. UA sent me a SMS saying I should arrive at least 2 hours early due to long TSA lines at CLE. Before pandemic I would’ve presumed that Wednesday would not be too busy but that was because of fewer business travelers midweek. Now, however…I will heed their advice! Here’s hoping for friendly skies!
It's CLE - what could go wrong?

David
FreqFlyerCLE likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 6:01 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
So on the UA club side of things... I cannot say anything useful at this time but an official announcement should come within a couple weeks.

On the TSA side of things... I picked my wife up from CLE at about 5:30 on Friday and the C checkpoint line was most of the way to B (and UA's counters were basically all closed). Based on the balance between there and B (virtually deserted) it seems that the leisure travelers without TSA PRE are still making up the majority with a vengance.
cptlflyer likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
So on the UA club side of things... I cannot say anything useful at this time but an official announcement should come within a couple weeks.

On the TSA side of things... I picked my wife up from CLE at about 5:30 on Friday and the C checkpoint line was most of the way to B (and UA's counters were basically all closed). Based on the balance between there and B (virtually deserted) it seems that the leisure travelers without TSA PRE are still making up the majority with a vengance.
I made it through PreCheck no problem; friend of mine traveling with me went through C and took forever. Airport was crowded but good to see.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Departed CLE on Monday morning, as lincolnjkc observed, long line for TSA at the C checkpoint for regular security folks, it went back to where the Subway is (was). Precheck wasn't too busy.
The "Smart" parking garage has a large section closed off. A bunch of posts propping the upper level up.
When I arrived today, Sunday afternoon, both Starbucks at C and A were closed. What's up with that?

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jun 29, 2021 at 10:10 am Reason: unnecessary
Old Jun 28, 2021, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by paule123
When I arrived today, Sunday afternoon, both Starbucks at C and A were closed. What's up with that?
Lack of employees is my strong guess. Both were open when I flew out early on a Tuesday a few weeks back, so they are probably consolidating their staffing to operate only in "peak" periods (which lots of airports around the country seem to be doing).
Old Jun 29, 2021, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
FYI: guy44134 's article on historic firsts at CLE: https://www.aviationcle.com/post/95-...-firsts-at-cle

David

p.s. came to find it after finding a shorter version on airporthistory.org: https://www.airporthistory.org/cle-95-years.html
Thank you for the plug. Hope you have checked out all my articles. Working on another historical article for CLE's 96th birthday on Thursday.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 12:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
My first flight sing February 2020 on Sunday

Was also hoping that the Cleveland United Club would be open.

(on the plus side ... 4 hour layover in EWR to enjoy the Polaris Lounge)
Old Jul 2, 2021, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm

Sorry to bring you bad news, but all Polaris lounges are still closed
Old Jul 2, 2021, 12:39 pm

no Polaris lounges are open. Only one UA Club at EWR is open with limited offerings. Happy flying!
Old Jul 2, 2021, 12:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
ugh ..... well... hope there's booze at least
Old Jul 2, 2021, 12:50 pm

ugh ..... well... hope there's booze at least
there is booze but out of plastic cups…better than nothing! Cheers!
Old Jul 2, 2021, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by guy44134
Thank you for the plug. Hope you have checked out all my articles. Working on another historical article for CLE's 96th birthday on Thursday.
Here's my latest article. This time I went WAY back, even before Cleveland Municipal Airport even existed. Hope you enjoy it.

https://www.aviationcle.com/post/the...marine-airways
RobS likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 5:02 am

Programs: UA 1K HH Diamond
UC is open
RNE and gusd like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.