Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Is the MSP Chick-Fil-A open yet?

Is the MSP Chick-Fil-A open yet?

Old May 3, 2012, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA, DL, B6, WN
While CFA does have delicious food, it's worth pointing out that their charitable arm has made significant donations to anti-LGBT groups.

http://gothamist.com/2011/11/02/chic...foundation.php

Just a thought.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
On the other hand, if you are in fact a bleeding liberal, you have to choose your battle... Chick-Fil-A is, in fact, on the cutting edge of environmental stewardship. See Chick-Fil-A's Environmental Stewardship page for more info.

If you are an LGBT sympathizer, then please spend your money elsewhere... you'll be missing out on some AWESOME food, but will be able to enjoy your alternative lifestyle in peace.

Please don't attack the best fast food chicken supplier the world has ever known just because you don't like what the company stands for! I can't live without my Chick-Fil-A!
Old May 3, 2012, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA, DL, B6, WN
Originally Posted by dcline414
If you are an LGBT sympathizer, then please spend your money elsewhere... you'll be missing out on some AWESOME food, but will be able to enjoy your alternative lifestyle in peace.
Actually, no. The express point of most of the organizations that CFA donates money to is to let those of us who are LGBT not live in peace.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by yankervitch
Actually, no. The express point of most of the organizations that CFA donates money to is to let those of us who are LGBT not live in peace.
Okay... my point remains, don't buy their (awesome) food, which supports their bottom line (which they are, as are ALL non-communist companies, free to invest as they wish).

If you dislike Chick-Fil-A's social stance, you can boycott them... similar to what the Southern Baptists did to K-Mart. I don't support the Southern Baptist's position, but acknowledge that they WERE successful in driving K-Mart into bankruptcy.

Either way, I think Chick-Fil-A tastes good, so I buy their food. I think Disney provides good entertainment, so I buy their movies and merchandise.

If a product is good, I don't expend energy researching what the profits of the good (or in Chick-Fil-A's case, GREAT) product go to support, whether the company is Chick-Fil-A or Disney.

Personally, I think it would be wrong to choose my diet based on social beliefs... especially if my beliefs kept me from partaking of food from the "inventor of the chicken sandwich"!
Old May 3, 2012, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Either way, I think Chick-Fil-A tastes good, so I buy their food. I think Disney provides good entertainment, so I buy their movies and merchandise.

If a product is good, I don't have the energy to research what the profits of the good product go to support, whether it's Chick-Fil-A or Disney.
And this is why people still buy iPads.

If I started boycotting foods because their companies were also engaged in some political activity I didn't agree with, I might never eat again.
Old May 3, 2012, 8:13 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
I'm gay, and while I don't agree with Chick Fil A's social stance, I can't get over their incredibly delicious food! So I'm not going to stop going there.
Old May 3, 2012, 8:20 pm

Also, let's keep the OP's valid question (whether Chick-Fil-A is open at MSP yet) from being moved to OMNI. We all have some social/political position, but let's just agree that it doen't involve the OP's consumption of a chicken sandwich at MSP.
Old May 3, 2012, 8:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond | Marriott Platinum | HH Gold
What terminal is this supposed to be in? I just flew through MSP a couple of times this week and hadn't seen any hint of it...

and yes I will shamefully admit the reason why I am excited to find out when I fly through A terminal in ATL.
Old May 3, 2012, 8:32 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by chicnyclady
What terminal is this supposed to be in? I just flew through MSP a couple of times this week and hadn't seen any hint of it...

and yes I will shamefully admit the reason why I am excited to find out when I fly through A terminal in ATL.

It's on the C concourse where the old A&W was.
Old May 4, 2012, 6:18 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by chicnyclady
It's in the small C concourse food court by the C-G connector (between C12 and C13). And it's not open yet (5/4/2012).

Last edited by mnbp; May 4, 2012 at 7:13 am
Old May 4, 2012, 6:48 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Now if In-and-Out would open up in ATL (with a priority line for PMs) I would be one happy camper....

Don't get through MSP much but will certainly look forward to a CFA fix.
Old May 4, 2012, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I don't support the Southern Baptist's position, but acknowledge that they WERE successful in driving K-Mart into bankruptcy.
I hope you are kidding there. I didn't even know the Southern baptist boycotted Kmarted, but I don't think it had anything to do with the southern baptist boycotting them.

They also boycotted disney for a long time and Disney is still going strong (I think they got tired not being able to go to DIsney and when they realized Disney wanns't going to back down to their demands they dropped it).

They also boycotted Walmart for a while and Walmart is still the number 1 retailer in the country.
Old May 4, 2012, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Now if In-and-Out would open up in ATL (with a priority line for PMs) I would be one happy camper....

Don't get through MSP much but will certainly look forward to a CFA fix.
I would love to see In N Out at airports like LAS and LAX at least. If they had them there I would get to the airport early to eat and skip the meal on the plane if I was upgraded I wish they would expand to other cities. Del Taco has a place here in Toledo so maybe there is hope
Old May 4, 2012, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by javabytes
And this is why people still buy iPads.

If I started boycotting foods because their companies were also engaged in some political activity I didn't agree with, I might never eat again.
I think if it effects someone directly it has a lot more of an impact on their decission.

As a gay man, I refuse to eat at CFA even though I like their food over their contributions and hiring practices.

When a lot of African Americans were boycotting Denny's ten or 15 years ago, I admit I ate there because I liked their food and it was convenient for late night dining. I had a friend who is african american who refused to eat at Dennys then but will eat at CFA.
Old May 4, 2012, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Okay, it looks like I'll be forced to go with other options. Given the shortness of my layover (sub hour), it isn't the end of anything.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.