Search

Michelin Chicago rankings released

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by milepig
Bistro 110 (my number one most HATED restaurant!)
Originally Posted by Captain Schmidt
+1 So glad it isn't just me!
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
Why do you two not like it?
Faux food. My first experience there I was actually looking forward to trying it. Service from the moment we set foot in the door was bad beyond belief. They couldn't even find our table and led us on a complete circuit of the restaurant. Then the food was mediocre at best. I complained to the point where they actually comped us a meal and we went back. Clearly marked as VIPs, the service was now outstanding but the food still stunk. Bistro 110 is bad food for the tourists who don't know better.

Last edited by milepig; Nov 29, 2010 at 8:50 am
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
Yup, it's the food for me too. Milepig's comments pretty much match my experience of the place - badly cooked "French" food for tourists that don't know any better. Mrs Schmidt and I happen to live very close by and were lured in by the look of the place and sort of hoping that it might be a good little neighbourhood option but sadly it was not to be.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 6:52 pm

Programs: American, United, Mexicana, Continental
Not much surprising on the list of restaurants with stars. I'm pleased to see Sue Crofton listed, though.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by gomexico
Not much surprising on the list of restaurants with stars. I'm pleased to see Sue Crofton listed, though.
I really like Crofton's, and eat there with some regularity, but I am puzzled by them receiving a star. It's good, but nothing spectacular.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by afraidofheights
I really like Crofton's, and eat there with some regularity, but I am puzzled by them receiving a star. It's good, but nothing spectacular.
BF and I went there after we found out it had received a star. I agree: it's good, but nothing spectacular. I thought everything was way too heavy on the butter, personally.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 4:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Did Alinea over summer and it was astounding.

Curious as to how L2O will do next year with Gras gone, though.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 8:34 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
Why do you two not like it?
The only reason Bistro 110 is still in business is due to it's location, certainly not the quality of the food.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 1:35 pm

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Captain Schmidt
Yup, it's the food for me too. Milepig's comments pretty much match my experience of the place - badly cooked "French" food for tourists that don't know any better. Mrs Schmidt and I happen to live very close by and were lured in by the look of the place and sort of hoping that it might be a good little neighbourhood option but sadly it was not to be.
Kiki's Bistro on Franklin is what Bistro 110 should be; warm, inviting, good food and nice people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.