Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Guide to the Milwaukee Airport

Guide to the Milwaukee Airport

Old Dec 27, 19, 10:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold. Usually WN or DL if in the air.
Beginning 08Jan, one of the five daily AA MKE-CLT flights will be mainline, on an A319. Looks like it will be the late evening arrival from CLT which will RON and be the early morning departure back. Remaining four flights will still be on CR9 operated by PSA.

Maybe not the biggest deal in the world, but always happy to see more mainline service.
Old Dec 28, 19, 7:16 am
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay:Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive:National Exec, Hertz PC
interesting. Mostly a positive, but a significant reduction in F seating, from 12 to 8.
Old Jan 10, 20, 1:55 pm

The powers that be at United must have been sick of hearing from Tim34 ... UA is running a seasonal, mainline MKE-SFO run between June 4 and Sept. 7, 2020, on an A319.

It's an overnight red-eye SFO-MKE arriving MKE shortly after 5am, which I assume then turns around and returns MKE-SFO with a 7am MKE departure.
Old Jan 10, 20, 5:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by mizzou65201 View Post
The powers that be at United must have been sick of hearing from Tim34 ... UA is running a seasonal, mainline MKE-SFO run between June 4 and Sept. 7, 2020, on an A319.

It's an overnight red-eye SFO-MKE arriving MKE shortly after 5am, which I assume then turns around and returns MKE-SFO with a 7am MKE departure.
Ugh. Whose idea was the redeye? And a 7 am return? Looks like I'm sticking with Delta with a connection.
Old Jan 10, 20, 5:59 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Yes they did not make it year round # teamstaralliance
Old Jan 10, 20, 6:30 pm

BTW, for travel from the East Bay (e.g., Oakland, Berkeley, Emeryville, Richmond, Concord) to MKE, Delta has a nice route from OAK, connecting in SLC. I've flown it several times, and it's been almost as good as a nonstop from SFO. For some reason you can't do the reverse, though, so I fly back to SFO with a connection in MSP.
Old Jan 11, 20, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by dhuey View Post
BTW, for travel from the East Bay (e.g., Oakland, Berkeley, Emeryville, Richmond, Concord) to MKE, Delta has a nice route from OAK, connecting in SLC. I've flown it several times, and it's been almost as good as a nonstop from SFO. For some reason you can't do the reverse, though, so I fly back to SFO with a connection in MSP.
I live in the east bay and my family takes WN to OAK. They stop at LAX with no plane change. They like it. I fly WN if I have to but all my miles are with United so I prefer to fly them. I do one big trip a year and Star Alliance is amazing. I flew to South Africa on points this past November.
Old Jan 11, 20, 6:18 am

It appears WN is only flying MKE-SFO on the weekends now. United must have scared them off daily flights during the summer. WN should just stop. Weekend MKE-SFO in the summer is pointless
Old Oct 19, 20, 5:51 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
How impactful has Covid been at MKE? Not been there in a year. Need to get back.
Old Dec 7, 20, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by tvnwz View Post
How impactful has Covid been at MKE? Not been there in a year. Need to get back.
It's quiet.
WN has pared down to BWI, BNA, RSW, MCO, TPA, STL, DEN, PHX, LAS and reduced frequencies.
Only mainline DL is to ATL. MSP/DTW are downgauged to RJ. No LGA/BOS/SEA.
No UA to EWR. DEN downgauged to RJ.
No AC to YYZ.
AA is the only one still serving all pre-COVID destinations but with reduced frequencies and some downgauging (all DFW is on RJ)
And then AS has a 737-900 every day to/from SEA.

UA and AA are adding new seasonal Florida routes: UA to RSW and TPA, AA to MIA.
tvnwz likes this.
Old Feb 24, 21, 5:01 pm

NK coming to MKE starting June 24.

Looks like 1x/daily MKE-LAS, 1x/daily MKE-LAX, 1x/daily MKE-MCO.

MKE-LAX is morning out; mid-morning departure/mid-afternoon arrival back.
MKE-LAS is evening out and red-eye back.
MKE-MCO is late afternoon both directions.

I don't think they announced what gate NK will use, although I assume it would be D30 or D34.
Old Feb 26, 21, 12:30 pm

I hope this works out for Spirit, and that they add in an SFO route. Nonstop MKE-SFO service has come and gone many times in my 31 years out here.
Old Mar 4, 21, 10:18 am

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
I flew Spirit once. I can not see how anyone could stand a length of flight to SFO. It was the most uncomfortable experience I’ve had. I do hope they are successful though. I am ultimately for anything that makes MKE successful.
Dr_wanderlust likes this.
Old Mar 4, 21, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by tvnwz View Post
I flew Spirit once. I can not see how anyone could stand a length of flight to SFO. It was the most uncomfortable experience I’ve had. I do hope they are successful though. I am ultimately for anything that makes MKE successful.
I've never flown with them, but I see they have some larger seats with a 36" pitch up front. That sounds okay. I'd go for that if it means skipping the connection.
Old Mar 10, 21, 6:02 pm

Yes. That would make it bearable.

Search this Thread