Reload this Page >

Guide to the Milwaukee Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide to the Milwaukee Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold. Usually WN or DL if in the air.
Originally Posted by dhuey
Then that disappeared a few months ago. I guess there just isn't sufficient O/D demand for a 737 or A319/320.
Just to be clear, the WN SFO-MKE flight was transitioned to seasonal. It starts back up on June 7, the same day that UA starts the SFO-MSN flight.
I too miss the FL flights and their C cabin, especially because they had redeyes on the LAX and SFO runs.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by mizzou65201
Just to be clear, the WN SFO-MKE flight was transitioned to seasonal. It starts back up on June 7, the same day that UA starts the SFO-MSN flight.
Thanks -- I didn't realize that. Seasonal as in only summer? Midwest Express used to run it from April though Jan. 2 or so.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 5:07 pm

Thanks -- I didn't realize that. Seasonal as in only summer? Midwest Express used to run it from April though Jan. 2 or so.
Southwest hasn't said if their west coast flights to San Francisco, San Diego or Seattle will be staying year-round or if not how long the season will last. My guess is SFO wll remain year round, SAN may remain year round but Seattle will be summer only since Delta and Alaska both will fly mainline jets on the route.

Last year Southwest had a serious fleet crunch due to the mass retirement of a subfleet. It left them short several aircraft through fall, winter and into 2018. Cutting long-haul routes which are not key to network connectivity freed up quite a bit of aircraft time with comparably contained damage. They have been receiving new deliveries and by summer they are in much better shape. I think it is likely at least SFO will return to year-round service. But we don't yet know for sure.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold. Usually WN or DL if in the air.
WN's schedule is only out through August right now, so as knope points out...we don't know yet. In 2017 SFO and SAN ended effective Nov. 5.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by knope2001
Southwest hasn't said if their west coast flights to San Francisco, San Diego or Seattle will be staying year-round or if not how long the season will last. My guess is SFO wll remain year round, SAN may remain year round but Seattle will be summer only since Delta and Alaska both will fly mainline jets on the route.

Last year Southwest had a serious fleet crunch due to the mass retirement of a subfleet. It left them short several aircraft through fall, winter and into 2018. Cutting long-haul routes which are not key to network connectivity freed up quite a bit of aircraft time with comparably contained damage. They have been receiving new deliveries and by summer they are in much better shape. I think it is likely at least SFO will return to year-round service. But we don't yet know for sure.
I just checked their schedule, they updated it. It looks like SFO ends in August The United transfer in ORD is terrible. The regional jet terminal is very far away from the mainline jet terminal.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Tim34
I just checked their schedule, they updated it. It looks like SFO ends in August The United transfer in ORD is terrible. The regional jet terminal is very far away from the mainline jet terminal.
It looks like WN is extending MKE-SEA. It may go back to year round, but MKE-SAN and MKE-SFO are still seasonal. Delta and Alaska are flying mainline jets on that route already. This seems strange. Any thoughts?
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:58 pm

I would think there's significantly more demand for MKE-SFO than MKE-SEA, but what do I know? Having three airlines servicing MKE-SEA while MKE-SFO doesn't even have year-round service from a single carrier makes no sense to me.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
I would think there's significantly more demand for MKE-SFO than MKE-SEA, but what do I know? Having three airlines servicing MKE-SEA while MKE-SFO doesn't even have year-round service from a single carrier makes no sense to me.

I agree. It is instinctively puzzling. Maybe Knope has some figures?
Old May 30, 2018, 1:42 pm

Update on re-emergence of Midwest Airlines

https://www.biztimes.com/2018/indust...b323-244050445
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:01 pm

Frontier adds MKE-SAN

Frontier added MKE-SAN, it appears year-round three days a week. If it is year-round, that's great news for the people of Milwaukee!
Let's hope either United, Frontier or Southwest add SFO year-round. My family came to visit me and had to transfer in STL. They are older and would prefer a non-stop flight between MKE and the Bay Area!

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news...e-to-san-diego

Best all
Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Anything new on C in MKE?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:14 pm

Mitchell Airport adds free WiFi...
https://www.jsonline.com/story/money...rs/2335446002/
Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:37 am

Gonna drive up tomorrow from O'Hare. I sure miss the SFO nonstop. I don't get why no one is trying to serve the route year-round with a regional jet. Seems like the numbers would work.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:01 am

MKE name change:
https://fox6now.com/2019/02/05/mitch...ing-milwaukee/
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:11 pm

Aw. I liked “General Billy Mitchell Field.” I also wish that airports that have very little international traffic would drop the international in their name. Part of the appeal of smallish airports like MKE is that they are not like the major international airports.
gretchendz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.