Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Guide to the Milwaukee Airport

Guide to the Milwaukee Airport

Old Nov 9, 2006, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
I flew into MKE late last night, while taxing on NW I could see that the new gates D 27, 28 & 29 were lit up and near ready. Today flying out of D, the lower level was open again, the new bar - across from D32 - is open, and all of the temporary wall is down. According to a YX employee all the remodeling on D is supposed to be done by November 11th and the new 328jet is scheduled to fly it's first flight on the 11th.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 8:47 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by RobtheAggie
Any chance of a light rail from the RR station to the terminal? Have it also stop in the long term parking lots.

Hahahahaha...
Sorry, after living in Milwaukee for a few years, you'd know better than to ask that question as we can't even get light rail for the Milwaukee citizens to use--let alone any system designed to help the "F. Illinois B. 's"

Seriously, a big to Milwaukee's transit planners, in general. Our bus system barely works and light rail has been debated and withdrawn seemingly endlessly over the last decade.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 11:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Those new skyway gates look really nice from the outside when I landed last night. It doesn't look like everything will be done by the 11th though. But the new jet is suppose to fly for the first time on Saturday? I know I've flown on all of the Skyway fleet (and most of the Midwest fleet) so a new aircraft is kind of neat
Old Nov 10, 2006, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Tail number for the new 328 Jet is reported to be N365SK

Be on the lookout!

I agree that there is no way work on D will be complete by Saturday! I'm flying in this afternoon from DEN on YX I'll look around, and take a peek downstairs too.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Well, the renovations are far from complete, but when I flew out of D this morning, gates 27 A&B and gates 29 A&B were being used for 328jet flights.

The lower level is open, including a new stairwell in the middle of the stem of concourse D.

There are new bathrooms open on the lower level and a handful of some great looking chairs! Thick cushions, and each with a moveable writing table. There are about 25 of these on the lower level with their backs to the moving walk way, and then on the ends there are 3 or 4 couch style seats, long enough for a person to stretch across (Each one had someone taking a nap this morning!)

The new restaurant near gate D32 had it's menu posted this morning: breakfast items in the morning and soups, salads, sandwiches and appetizers for lunch/dinner.

There is still a lot of touch up/finishing work to be done on D, but so far the improvements look nice.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Flew out of one of the new gates (D-28) for this first time this morning.

The new chairs and couches I saw last time though have been arraigned near the new stairwell between gates D27 and 28. They are very comfortable, but it makes no sense to have an attached writing desk with no power ports near by to plug in your laptop.

Finally, once again the terminal was way too dirty for 5:50 in the morning. I passed up on three chairs that had crumbs on them. This continues to be my biggest grip about MKE, don't they vacuum every night?
Old Nov 29, 2006, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by MKEbound
Flew out of one of the new gates (D-28) for this first time this morning.

The new chairs and couches I saw last time though have been arraigned near the new stairwell between gates D27 and 28. They are very comfortable, but it makes no sense to have an attached writing desk with no power ports near by to plug in your laptop.

Finally, once again the terminal was way too dirty for 5:50 in the morning. I passed up on three chairs that had crumbs on them. This continues to be my biggest grip about MKE, don't they vacuum every night?
Most laptops have batteries

If the chairs are like the ones in the BCC, there's a slide-out module bolted to the bottom of the chair that has AC outlets. The ones in the club also have a wired ethernet port, but that wasn't working when I was there 2 weeks ago, and I'm sure they won't have wired ports in a public area where Sprint's providing wifi.

Of course, the modules on the chairs need to be plugged into something for power; if those outlets aren't in evidence nearby, then I hope you're fully charged
Old Dec 11, 2006, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

OP edited to change the information on luggage cart rentals, which have gone up in price and changed to a new style.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Flew NW out of E this morning and it appears that all visible construction to update the E Concourse is done. I'm not sure I like it. It's very gray.

Also, as I pulled into the parking garage there was notice posted that parking rates are going to increase in January.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 7:12 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
OP edited to change the information on luggage cart rentals, which have gone up in price and changed to a new style.
Between this and the increased parking rates mentioned below, geez. What else are they going to hit customers up for?
Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:57 am
Original Poster

When I pulled into the airport I made sure to take note of the posted sign.

As of January 1st, 2007 rates for the daily parking garage will increase to $11.00 per 24 hours. An increase from the current $10 per day.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BTA
Between this and the increased parking rates mentioned below, geez. What else are they going to hit customers up for?
In all fairness, the rate to rent a luggage cart went from $2.75 per use to $3.00

Parking in the daily garage is to increase by $1 per 24 hours to $11 per day, still a good deal compared to other airports I've parked at (in a covered garage)
Old Dec 21, 2006, 12:28 pm

Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI USA DL FO (until 2/04), NW silver '03, NW gold '04+'05 Plat '06+ (thanks, Leo!), DL SkyClub
Programs: DL Plat/ Million Miler, AS, Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy, Piggly Wiggly Pig Points
Flew NW out of E this morning and it appears that all visible construction to update the E Concourse is done. I'm not sure I like it. It's very gray.

Also, as I pulled into the parking garage there was notice posted that parking rates are going to increase in January.

The E-concourse was fine just as it was. Waste of taxpayer money.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 1:35 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
In all fairness, the rate to rent a luggage cart went from $2.75 per use to $3.00

Parking in the daily garage is to increase by $1 per 24 hours to $11 per day, still a good deal compared to other airports I've parked at (in a covered garage)
I didn't realize the increase in cost for luggage carts was only $0.25 I just noticed that they were completely new carts, and not having rented them before from MKE, I was surprised they were $3

You're right about the $11 being pretty reasonable, O'Hare is almost 3x that.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dick Ginkowski
The E-concourse was fine just as it was. Waste of taxpayer money.
WI and MKE taxpayers don't pay a dime in taxes to support the airport, in fact the airport turns a profit for it's owner: Milwaukee County

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.