Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Going go Columbus,oh looking for best bed

Old Sep 27, 2010, 12:44 am
Original Poster

I sleep at home on a foam bed so when I travel most hotel beds are rocks. We were in Georgia a few years ago and first booked at the hyat beds were hard as rock then to sheritian beds were no better we finally ended up at mar riot which was ok.

So in order not to repeat that we are trying to get a heads up on good Hotels. We are looking to be in Columbus , oh and prefer a suite so we have 2 TVs and microwave and so forth.
I have read good things about the embassy suites near the airport being nice beds and a new hotel as well as the cambira suites at Polaris.
I think to this day the best hotel bed i ever stayed in was the dolphin hotel in wow. The beds were pretty nice.

I don't want a nice bed but a run down hotel though either.
Thanks
Old Sep 27, 2010, 1:07 am

The topic of hotel beds is, IMO, very subjective. What one person likes another may dislike. Personally, I like the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds but I'd never tell anyone that it is the 'best bed'. I might tell someone that I get a good nights' sleep on them but, really, they are just going to have give it a try them and see if it works for them.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 10:14 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, Ilovemymac. I am moving your thread over to the Midwest forum (Travel & Dining>United States>Midwest).
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Sep 27, 2010, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by camargo
The topic of hotel beds is, IMO, very subjective. What one person likes another may dislike. Personally, I like the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds but I'd never tell anyone that it is the 'best bed'. I might tell someone that I get a good nights' sleep on them but, really, they are just going to have give it a try them and see if it works for them.
I know it's a hard thing to ask. I just hate going to a hotel and finding out the bed is not a pillow top or anything but a cheap bed like I'd find at a motel 6.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 11:22 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
We usually stay at the Embassy Suites near the airport when in town. For an all-suites property, this is one of my favorites in terms of the layout of the suites and it's a relatively new property. It's also convenient to Easton Town Centre.

IIRC re the beds: they're comparable to what you'll find at most updated Hilton or Marriott properties (IMO). As noted above, what you're asking is very subjective and what is comfortable to one person, may be horrible for another so I'll hold off on further comparisons.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.