Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traverse City airport and local area

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2010, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Traverse City airport and local area

I will be in Traverse City next month, as part of a mileage run. What is the area around the airport like? Any suggestions on places to eat near the Fairfield Inn on 3701 North Country Drive?

Thanks!
Old May 2, 2010, 10:21 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
The Fairfield in TC isn't really close to the airport, but not far from the big shopping mall. That area has all the regular chain restaurants. If you are renting a car, downtown, Old Mission peninsula, and the surrounding areas have more interesting dining options.
Old May 5, 2010, 4:54 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I will be in Traverse City next month, as part of a mileage run. What is the area around the airport like? Any suggestions on places to eat near the Fairfield Inn on 3701 North Country Drive?

Thanks!
TC is too good a destination to just fly in, stay the night and get on another plane !

If you're into Brew pubs, the Blue Tractor on Union St is great !

Peninsula Grill in Mapleton on the Old Mission Peninsula is well worth the drive as is the Bluebird in Leland or Boone's in Long Lake.

Bob H

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.