Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Late Night Dining Near Marriott

Old Oct 30, 2007, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold

Help!!! I'm in MSP right now, an will be getting to ORD around 8:30, and probably the Marriott on Michigan Avenue around 9:30 or so. Any suggestions for nearby restaurants that are worth looking into and still open past 10:00? I'm hoping for more than bar food, and budget isn't an issue. Even a decent pizza would work, but Gino's website says they close at 9:00 on weeknights....
Old Oct 30, 2007, 6:28 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I'm usually dining with the gray hair folks at Denny's but,
http://thelocaltourist.com/restauran...nitedining.php
Old Oct 31, 2007, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
That list is very helpful. When in town for theatre or Lyric, I am usually looking for a post-performance meal. Until now we have always either gone to Smith & Wollensky's or Miller's.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 10:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
If you want pizza, Uno and Due are open until 1:00 a.m. on weeknights. Either is just a couple of blocks away from the back door of the Marriott (and better than Gino's East). There are probably other places open nearby, but nothing comes to mind at the moment. They should be able to tell you what's open when you check in.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 2:03 am

Programs: AGR WOH
You've got many more options north of the river (Marriott) than south (Lyric Opera). From the Lyric, you might consider taking a cab over to West Randolph; many kitchens there are open past 10, including Avec. From the Marriott, River North is your best bet, either Clark or Wells.

Metromix has refined its search/filter options a bit, which makes it more useful for this kind of question: from this link, Late night dining in River North you can filter results by price, cuisine, etc.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 1:39 pm

I believe there are a few restuarant/bar establishements on Wells (just a block or so West of the Homewood Suites) that are open a little later -- We've used them a few times after late night rehearsals/concerts -- actually the appitizers seem to be better than the main offerings. The Bennigan's across from Symphony Hall (yes, it's a short hop from the Marriott) also stays open a little later, especially after concerts.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 6:22 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Bijan Bistro

Just last night had a late evening meeting at Bijan Bistro in Chicago http://www.bijansbistro.com/bijan_main.htm

I arrived early and ordered the white clam chowder for only $5 !! I expected that I would receive a typical bowl of creamy foodservice style chowder. Nope. Instead was served a chowder that I'd call more of a broth than cream, although cream was present. Clams were tender, potatoes had a bit of bite. Fantastic, best clam chowder I've had in years.

On a side note, I was looking over the menu, looked quite good and the prices were low, very surprised considering the area. Also they are open until quite late, 4am I believe, parking is easy to find after 8pm.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
That list is very helpful. When in town for theatre or Lyric, I am usually looking for a post-performance meal. Until now we have always either gone to Smith & Wollensky's or Miller's.
Miller's is always a good late night options for visitors and locals alike.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.