Search

Summer schedule changes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2008, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Summer schedule changes

Some of Midwest's summer schedule changes have been loaded. They include:

1) MKE-SFO non-stops return.
2) MKE-DEN goes back to 3x daily on MD80s.
3) MKE-FLL goes back to a daily 717.
4) MCI-MCO drops to 1x daily (was announced as 2x daily year-round).
5) MKE-LAS drops to 3x daily.

Nothing too significant here. Although, there is still a lot of flight time available with the MD80s and 717s so perhaps more changes are coming. Midwest really needs to bump-up utilization of its aircraft.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 8:35 am

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
Could it be YX might be gearing up to defend some of their routes with better frequency from AirTran's seasonal route incursion on MKE?
Old Feb 11, 2008, 8:45 am

Programs: AS,UA
Weren't some of MKE-STL flights dropped as well
Old Feb 11, 2008, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lebowski2222
Weren't some of MKE-STL flights dropped as well
Just one of the three daily flights was dropped. MKE-STL is still around.

MCI-CMH is still available as well. I thought that market would be dropped. Either it's not doing as bad as we believe or there are strategic/competitive reasons for keeoing the route around.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 9:22 am

Thanks for finding this stuff, Blue. There are gaps in the M80 schedule so it seems pretty certain we'll see some changes and additions. There are likely some changes coming in the 717 schedule as well.

A few related notes:

MKE-LAS still shows 4x four days per week in July, with the red eye not flying on Saturday, Tuesday or Wednesday. (I think that's what they fly right now.)

MKE-STL shows 2x through summer and beyond at this point, the change from 3 FRJ to 2 CRJ which happens in early March.
MCI-BOS goes back to 3x/day

MCI-MCO was 2x last summer (2007) but prior to that was 1x in the offseason. The 2nd flight last summer was an overnight in MCO and was lightly booked. Probably not worth bringing back.

MCI-FLL goes back to 1x/day

The YX* schedule shows no change beyond what was loaded the other week. That means FRJ and BE1 still show in April and beyond, and further changes are undoubtedly coming.

With the exception of moving the MKE-SFO-MKE nonstop about an hour earlier, it looks like they loaded most of the M80 schedule verbatim from last summer. I'd guess there may be some changes there as well. But by at least getting this out there now, they open them selves up to more summer bookings even though there may be further changes or additions.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by knope2001
Thanks for finding this stuff, Blue. There are gaps in the M80 schedule so it seems pretty certain we'll see some changes and additions. There are likely some changes coming in the 717 schedule as well.

A few related notes:

MKE-LAS still shows 4x four days per week in July, with the red eye not flying on Saturday, Tuesday or Wednesday. (I think that's what they fly right now.)

MKE-STL shows 2x through summer and beyond at this point, the change from 3 FRJ to 2 CRJ which happens in early March.
MCI-BOS goes back to 3x/day

MCI-MCO was 2x last summer (2007) but prior to that was 1x in the offseason. The 2nd flight last summer was an overnight in MCO and was lightly booked. Probably not worth bringing back.

MCI-FLL goes back to 1x/day

The YX* schedule shows no change beyond what was loaded the other week. That means FRJ and BE1 still show in April and beyond, and further changes are undoubtedly coming.

With the exception of moving the MKE-SFO-MKE nonstop about an hour earlier, it looks like they loaded most of the M80 schedule verbatim from last summer. I'd guess there may be some changes there as well. But by at least getting this out there now, they open them selves up to more summer bookings even though there may be further changes or additions.
Earlier this morning MCI-BOS was still showing 2x daily in the beginning of June so it looks like the schedule is definately in flux at the moment.

Perhaps I checked some off-days, but MKE-LAS was only showing 3x daily. I thought 4x daily might be a bit too much during the summer but we'll see how things stand once everything is finalized.

There are some changes from last summer, though, that are still missing. MCI-LAX is still showing as 2x daily. I really don't get this schedule. You'd think it would be beneficial to have an early morning departure to satisfy the business traveler, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The 2nd daily MKE-LAX or MCI-SFO flights aren't showing, either.

Like you said, the 717 schedule probably isn't finalized. Perhaps they're waiting for news from the DOT on DCA slot awards before announcing any additional changes. Regardless, I'm not expecting any big surprises for this summer.

Last edited by BlueHorseShoe2000; Feb 11, 2008 at 9:41 am
Old Feb 12, 2008, 7:08 am

Programs: HiltonHHonors Silver; SPG Gold; Midwest Airlines
Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe2000
Some of Midwest's summer schedule changes have been loaded. They include:

1) MKE-SFO non-stops return.
2) MKE-DEN goes back to 3x daily on MD80s.
3) MKE-FLL goes back to a daily 717.
4) MCI-MCO drops to 1x daily (was announced as 2x daily year-round).
5) MKE-LAS drops to 3x daily.

Nothing too significant here. Although, there is still a lot of flight time available with the MD80s and 717s so perhaps more changes are coming. Midwest really needs to bump-up utilization of its aircraft.
Anyone know when the non-stops return for MKE-SFO? I just booked a flight for late September? Should I expect there to be more options in the coming days/weeks?
Old Feb 12, 2008, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kelleek
Anyone know when the non-stops return for MKE-SFO? I just booked a flight for late September? Should I expect there to be more options in the coming days/weeks?
They non-stop runs from June 2, 2008 to September 7, 2008. The schedule is not yet finalized for summer, so these dates could very well change.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 10:14 am

Programs: HiltonHHonors Silver; SPG Gold; Midwest Airlines
My late September flight still doesn't seem to offer non-stop

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.