FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Midwest Airlines Midwest Miles (Pre-Alignment) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/midwest-airlines-midwest-miles-pre-alignment-496/)
-   -   City Comments (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/midwest-airlines-midwest-miles-pre-alignment/778778-city-comments.html)

free ticket Jan 13, 08 7:53 pm

City Comments

I recently had a wonderful trip flying on Midwest in OMA (the staff was excellent), and was wondering what others thought about certain Midwest cities. I have noticed it seems lately that it is the best care on the ground but in the air it may be a little different lately.

What cities do you folks rate as top notch, and which ones as need to be avoided????

Tim34 Jan 13, 08 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by free ticket (Post 9062860)
I recently had a wonderful trip flying on Midwest in OMA (the staff was excellent), and was wondering what others thought about certain Midwest cities. I have noticed it seems lately that it is the best care on the ground but in the air it may be a little different lately.

What cities do you folks rate as top notch, and which ones as need to be avoided????

Midwest is like any other airline you are going to have a mixed bag. Some people have great experiences (they note the staff and the ground crew as exceptional) others complain about bad service and dirty planes. I have not had a horrible experience on Midwest but I have had some had some bad experiences with the staff at LAX. I don't feel like getting into it at the moment but it is pretty safe to say I will never ever fly Midwest out of LAX again. I love Midwest on the east coast (I like the Boeing 717). I also like when Midwest uses their charter plane on routes. I recently took a trip from SEA-MKE on a charter plane and it was very nice.

lebowski2222 Jan 14, 08 8:24 am

Midwest seems to be well loved in there 3 main cities (KC, Milwaukee and Omaha) but not really sure about other cities since most people in cities like Chicago, NY or Boston have never really heard of Midwest.

It seems like Midwest is well loved in Omaha, when i am at Milwaukee's Airport i constantly see people connecting to/from Omaha from/to East Coast Cities

BlueHorseShoe2000 Jan 14, 08 8:53 am

I've always thought the ground staff in BOS, ATL, MCI, and LAX have been great. Even though the station is outsourced, the Frontier employees in SAN do a great job handling the MIdwest flights.

Ironically, some of the worst customer service experiences I've had on Midwest were in MKE. Go figure.

Cornhusker Jan 14, 08 7:20 pm

Love YX at OMA

I flew YX 3 times last year from OMA (to DAY, CMH, and BNA) and each trip was great when leaving OMA. Attentive and courteous staff, fast in-person checkin (no kiosks at OMA) and always on time. Had a flight problem in BNA causing a 3 hour delay (mechanical) and the people there were wonderful in securing me rather creative, but great rerouting to get me home despite it being difficult and having to place me on 2 other airlines to get me home (couldn't make it into OMA on YX or anyone else for 2 days due to storms at ORD, ATL, DTW, etc. , so they got me to LNK, where I actually live!!!). I know they stopped OMA-LAX, but connecting thru MKE is easier than ANY hub I have been thru and I always look forward to flying YX, even on the RJs. :D :-: