Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Midwest Airlines Midwest Miles (Pre-Alignment)
Reload this Page >

YX pilot arrested at MSP for being drunk, carrying weapon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YX pilot arrested at MSP for being drunk, carrying weapon

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2007, 2:23 pm

Programs: CO Gold, UA Premier Exec
Not only did they get the story wrong, but they "outed" him as an FFDO. What happend to the super secret stealthy FFDO program?? Thank you very much KSTP
Old Nov 22, 2007, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
I hope the TSA agent is arrested, named publicly, has his mug shot in the press, and is sued by the pilot.

Unfortunately, I don't think any of that is going to happen. More likely, he'll get an award for protecting the public.
And just what should the TSA agent be arrested and sued for? (S)He (?) thought (s)he smelled alcohol on the pilot's breath and reported it as should be done. The pilot is within legal limits, but did have a blood alcohol content. Whether TSA agents checking pilots in to secured areas should be expected to monitor pilot's blood alcohol levels is another matter, but until TSA agents are given breathalyzers to check the level, the agent performed the job that was supposed to be done. What grounds would the pilot have for a suit? I doubt that the TSA agent is the person who prematurely arrested the pilot. That would be the person who might be subject to a suit.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriot Silver
Even though he was under the limit, passengers we spoke to still had their concerns.

"Even though it's under the legal limit, it's still in his system. It's enough in his system to register, therefore, that would make me an uncomfortable passenger," Curtis Terry said.
Idiot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.