Advice for LGA-MCI

Old Sep 13, 07, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Question Advice for LGA-MCI

I have been tracking fares from LGA-MCI for travel on 11/3 returning 11/5 for about 3 months now. I have seen it dip as low as $198, and soar as high as $241. The CMZ1541 coupon (thanks to whoever posted it!) has been helpful in bringing the current fare down, but I am curious when my best time to book will be.

Obviously I'd like to hold out for that $198 fare to return. With the coupon it dips to $170-something. I would have booked that immediately the first time I saw it, but I didn't have my travel plans firmed up at the time. Of course it was gone like that. Just the way the cholocate chip cookie crumbles I suppose.

Does anyone have more experience anticipating fares? I admittedly am not an airline industry guru and I don't know what to make of fuel prices or this merger business hanging over Midwest's head. If anyone could provide me some advice it would be greatly appreciated. I can wait a few more weeks if that's the right move, but if I should just book now I'd also like to know. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Sep 13, 07, 3:48 pm

Programs: AS,UA
I would keep looking every Tuesday, Weds, or Friday, this is when they typically announce fare sales and it should be back down to 198, u just have to wait for the next sale unless these 80 dollar a barrell gas prices are going to force everything up
Old Sep 13, 07, 4:53 pm

I wouldn't wait too much longer to book. MCI-LGA is a strong business route with lots of bookings made close to the date of departure. Midwest's inventory management will probably keep a lot of seats available for these customers, which means fewer cheap seats.
Old Sep 13, 07, 10:07 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
I wouldn't wait too long. It could much higher.
Old Sep 13, 07, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum
airline fares are about as predictable as, well, they're not... if a low fare comes by get it as soon as you see it.
Old Sep 18, 07, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the tips! i won't wait too much longer to see if it drops.

Search this Thread