Targetted? - Double Miles on MW Mastercard

Old Aug 31, 07, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA (1MM)
Targetted? - Double Miles on MW Mastercard

I received the following e-mail this morning:

"Earn Bonus Midwest Miles in September/October

Now there's a great way to add extra miles to your Midwest Miles account. Simply use your Midwest Airlines MasterCard® for all of your purchases from September 1 through October 31, 2007 and you'll earn double miles* for every dollar you spend over $100.00. That's in addition to the Midwest Miles you normally earn with your card.

Be creative and earn bonus miles. Use your MasterCard to earn Midwest Miles plus bonus
miles with:

· Back-to-school shopping – clothing, shoes, dorm decor, electronics

· Tuition, books and school supplies

· Early holiday gift shopping

· Birthday or anniversary gifts

· Travel – Midwest Airlines flights, hotels, car rental, tours

· Concert or theater tickets

· Home redecorating

· Gasoline

· Groceries

· Restaurant dining

· Department/discount store shopping

· Utility and phone bills

And remember to use your card for purchases at the Midwest Miles Mall, where you earn additional miles for shopping online at more than 50 popular merchants.

Earn miles (and bonus miles) every time you use your MasterCard. Miles add up quickly and that means more free travel sooner.

Bonus miles are earned based on the dates you charge (September 1-October 31, 2007) and not on your monthly MasterCard statement period. Bonus miles will appear in your Midwest Miles account within 60 days after the promotion ends.

Get onboard with bonus Midwest Miles this fall and you can get onboard your next free flight sooner than you ever dreamed.

* Total purchase volume must exceed the value listed before double miles are earned for every dollar above that amount. Purchases will be tabulated based on transactions made during the promotion period, not on your MasterCard statement cycle. Cardmembers will earn double the normal mileage earned per qualifying dollar spent based on their card type. All Midwest Miles program rules apply. Midwest Airlines will be the final authority in determining qualification and participation in this promotion."

I downgraded to the "spend $2, earn 1 mile" credit card late last year or early this year and have hardly used the card since then. I'm not sure I'll take advantage of this offer since it only effectively turns my card into a standard 1-mile-per-dollar-spent cc. Right now I'm churning away on the AA card to help me earn my first million miles.
Old Sep 1, 07, 7:15 am

I received the same e-mail, except my threshold is 3,000 miles, not 100. I put most of my expenses (inlcluding my travel) on the Midwest card, and so that's probably why I have a higher level.

Usually promotions like this are driven by the credit card company, not the airline. They buy miles from Midwest and make their money off of annual fees and interchange fees recevied from the merchant for card use.
Old Sep 1, 07, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA (1MM)
Originally Posted by knope2001 View Post
I received the same e-mail, except my threshold is 3,000 miles, not 100. I put most of my expenses (inlcluding my travel) on the Midwest card, and so that's probably why I have a higher level.
Given the level of spending you have, I assume you have the standard 1-mile-per-dollar-spent card. Is that correct?

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the MW forum or the credit card forum. I figured that it would get lost in the credit card forum -- so I posted it here.
Old Sep 1, 07, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle View Post
Given the level of spending you have, I assume you have the standard 1-mile-per-dollar-spent card. Is that correct?

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the MW forum or the credit card forum. I figured that it would get lost in the credit card forum -- so I posted it here.

Yup, I have a World card which is 1-for-1. Unfortunately my company just changed policy so that we MUST use the company card for business travel so that they can get a kickback from the issuing company. So the $3000 threshold is not likely to happen.
Old Sep 1, 07, 7:43 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles Executive, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by knope2001 View Post
Yup, I have a World card which is 1-for-1. Unfortunately my company just changed policy so that we MUST use the company card for business travel so that they can get a kickback from the issuing company. So the $3000 threshold is not likely to happen.
You don't happen to work for the same accounting firm I do, do you???
Old Sep 1, 07, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by broolio View Post
You don't happen to work for the same accounting firm I do, do you???
No...but I guess misery loves company...

Search this Thread