Anyone fly yet today, 8/13?

Old Aug 13, 07, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Midwest Miles Executive, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Avis First
Anyone fly yet today, 8/13?

I'm flying MKE-BOS tonight and I wonder what the mood is at the airport today... happy I would imagine, but I suppose there is still some uncertainty in people's minds as to what will happen.
Old Aug 13, 07, 3:07 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
Flew BDL-CTL-ATL today on USAir, ran into a pair of guys at the Hilton Garden Inn in ATL with MKE badges, and started chatting, turns out they were pilots for YX. Both were cautiously optimistic about the news, one thought that after the deal is complete there would be a big strategic plan announced that would present an ambitious growth plan, including a large aircraft purchase.
Old Aug 13, 07, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Mrs. GHF was on the 7 AM from DCA-MCI, and then the YX/Skywest barbie jet connection to SAT.

She said nothing unusual, very normal flights. Nothing said at all. They held the Skywest flight for the inbounds from her flight (20 minute schedule connection, DCA flight was 15 late).
Old Aug 14, 07, 8:18 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer View Post
Mrs. GHF was on the 7 AM from DCA-MCI, and then the YX/Skywest barbie jet connection to SAT.

She said nothing unusual, very normal flights. Nothing said at all. They held the Skywest flight for the inbounds from her flight (20 minute schedule connection, DCA flight was 15 late).
Did Mrs. GHF tell you how good or bad the Barbie Jet was?
Old Aug 15, 07, 8:26 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by flyYX View Post
Did Mrs. GHF tell you how good or bad the Barbie Jet was?
She's significantly shorter than I, and she said it was "OK, but the seats became uncomfortable to sit in after a while". In other words, a typical CRJ experience for her. She also said it clearly wasn't up to mainline standards service-wise, though they did hold the plane at MCI for connecting passengers.

Search this Thread