Anyone else cancelled tonight, 6/27?

Old Jun 27, 07, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Midwest Miles Executive, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Avis First
Anyone else cancelled tonight, 6/27?

*rant on*
I was scheduled on the YX flight from BOS-MKE leaving about 8:20 this evening and it was cancelled... weather, they say. Still waiting for it to rain, only a few clouds.

Nevermind big blob of green between Boston and Milwaukee, I wanted to be back for the opening of Summerfest and they couldn't get me on a plane til 1:30!
*rant off*

I know all about air traffic management, but when I want to be home they just sound like Charlie Brown's teacher talking.

Thankfully I'm travelling on the company's dime and *I* didn't have to drop $279 to spend 12 hours in the Hyatt Harborside. Don't worry, I didn't make them buy me a lobster for dinner, I just ordered a pizza.
Old Jun 27, 07, 10:18 pm

I know - it stinks- I spent 7 hrs in MKE last week waiting for a plane ,any plane- well except the one that was being fixed, to take me to SFO

Hope the pizza was good!
Old Jun 27, 07, 11:18 pm

Well.....the weather was fine in BOS, however there was a line of t-storms from Canada to TX. I am sure there was an AFP (airspace flow program) in place for all traffic moving through the eastern third of the country. This is a relatively new way for the FAA to slow traffic down. It basically delays all flights that are traversing an airspace that is impacted by t-storms.
Old Jun 28, 07, 11:01 am

Programs: AS,UA
The better not cancel my KC-MKE flight on July 3rd, i would like to see the fireworks, maybe i will be delayed and i can catch the fireworks in the air
Old Jun 28, 07, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by truths88 View Post
Well.....the weather was fine in BOS, however there was a line of t-storms from Canada to TX. I am sure there was an AFP (airspace flow program) in place for all traffic moving through the eastern third of the country. This is a relatively new way for the FAA to slow traffic down. It basically delays all flights that are traversing an airspace that is impacted by t-storms.
According to airliners.net, there were lots of ATC delays yesterday, especially at ORD (what a surprise!). Many planes actually diverted to MKE. A British Airways 747, American Airlines 767, and a few others all flew into MKE because of storms and ATC delays. I'm sure that was an interesting sight!
Old Jun 28, 07, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Midwest Miles Executive, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe2000 View Post
According to airliners.net, there were lots of ATC delays yesterday, especially at ORD (what a surprise!). Many planes actually diverted to MKE. A British Airways 747, American Airlines 767, and a few others all flew into MKE because of storms and ATC delays. I'm sure that was an interesting sight!
I'm sure customs was ready to handle that BA flight...
I wonder if they let them off or of they made them wait it out in the plane because they didn't have anyone to process them!

Search this Thread