Trying to fly on miles from MKE to LAS

Old Jun 19, 07, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: NWA world perks
Trying to fly on miles from MKE to LAS

Hi all,

I am trying to fly from MKE to LAS. I have now settled on the dates of oct 21-24. I called and they said no, all 5 percent of the seats are gone. I asked for date changes a few days either way, but still no seats. The women was very nice on the phone but said basically Vegas is too hard to get to even booking 5 months in advance. I want to go early in the morning and come back at the 6pm flight. Any advice? I am not paying 416 dollars for that flight.

As an aside I love midwest and have been a FF with them for years, but Airtran has a lot cheaper flight there. It would pain me to jump over the line, especially at a time like that but what else can I do???
Old Jun 19, 07, 7:51 am

Programs: DL Plat, US Gold
Well, Vegas is tough to use miles for at the lowest redemption rate at 5 months, usually you need to book far out or within 2-3 weeks of travel to use miles. A quick check for your dates shows flights on Midwest Airlines at $256 all in, so I may jump on that fare as that is pretty reasonable.
Old Jun 19, 07, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Yes, but I want to go in the mroning and come back at night. That adds almost 150 dollars to the price?! There has to be a better option.
Old Jun 19, 07, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
For $150, why not spend the night?
Old Jun 19, 07, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

I just gave up and paid 350 Allin for the ticket.

Search this Thread