Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone going to the MEH Stockholder's Meeting?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2007, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
Anyone going to the MEH Stockholder's Meeting?

I'm a stockholder of MEH but I won't be able to attend. Anyone going to be there tomorrow? If so, can you give us all a first hand report?
Old Jun 13, 2007, 9:52 pm

Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI USA DL FO (until 2/04), NW silver '03, NW gold '04+'05 Plat '06+ (thanks, Leo!), DL SkyClub
Programs: DL Plat/ Million Miler, AS, Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy, Piggly Wiggly Pig Points
I also wish I could go.

I voted my 1,000 shares in favor of YX.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
Posted on Airliners.net by M917ME. This person claimed to be at the shareholder meeting today. A perspective you won't ever get from the media.

I was at the meeting this morning. And, yes YX did fully expect all three nominees to be elected. Tim was calm, professional and tactful. The YX pilots marching from the Four Points to the Skyway hangar was great. Many sharholders who spoke at the meeting said what a great bunch of pilots we have, as well as employees of YX. All but one, the last one to speak, was very against FL. It was great to see the Pilots and FA wearing they "say NO to AirTran" buttons. They have been wearing these in flight since Tuesday. One gentleman even read a poem, and received a standing ovation. Boy the look on the AirTran reps faces was classic after that.. I wish I could have had my camera out. The FL reps took a lot of notes. I have heard and do think the YX employees are going to start being more vocal, expressing to FL their desire to be independent. Don't know how much good it will do, but hey, It helped DL. FL needs all the MKE airport/ops people they can get if they want this merger to be successful. The last thing they need it to have labor issues in their "new hub" Just look at what crappy employees/understaffed stations did and are doing to US Airways in PHL.

Do I think this is a done deal, hell no. It is not close, closer than yesterday, but far fom done. I keep reading the posts where people are saying "Pro deal or Anti Deal" Trust me, the new BOD will be uner a microscope. Tim did agree to listen to what FL has to present, however he also stated that they three nominees will be watched very carefully that they act in the best interest of the shareholders/stakeholders. Furthermore, don't forget what one of the WI senators said about FL and how he will watch every thing they do, very closely.

Just remeber, IF this goes through, once it is done, it can't be reversed. Joe and Co has promised a lot, but once the deal is done, all promises mean nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.