Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let's Eat! YX Best Care Cuisine.

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2007, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Let's Eat! YX Best Care Cuisine.

I saw a similar thread over on the United Airlines forum and thought it would be interesting to get everyone's opinions on "Best Care Cuisine." Please feel free to post comments on your most/least favorite offering, quality, price, availability, etc.

Here's my list:

Best offering:
-Hot beef panini with cheesy broccoli soup and a side of fresh fruit. I've only had this on SAN-MCI flights. ^
-Buffalo chicken wrap served with a bag of "root vegetable chips" or something like that. ^

Worst offerings:
-Sausage pizza with a side of fresh fruit and a greasy, cold roll. Absolutely disgusting.
-Turkey salad with a side of fresh fruit. The salad was o.k., but makes my list as worst because it certainly isn't worth $10 IMO.

I really hate the cold, greasy rolls. Isn't there anything better???

Availabilty seems to be hit or miss. From my own experience, the hot dishes seem to go fast. If you really want food, you need to sit in the back half of the plane.

My only other complaint is that onboard offerings rarely much the printed menus. I'm not sure why that is.

Despite having to pay for the food, the quality and portion sizes are similar, if not better, than what I'd normally get in First Class on one of my domestic United Flights.
Old May 1, 2007, 9:01 pm

Programs: AS,UA
This doesn't really have to do with food, but on Sunday night I flew MKE-MCI and Executive Chef Shawn Monroe (The guy in the back of the magazine) was on the flight
He must have been there to teach the KC people to make the new May/June Meals
Old May 2, 2007, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by lebowski2222
This doesn't really have to do with food, but on Sunday night I flew MKE-MCI and Executive Chef Shawn Monroe (The guy in the back of the magazine) was on the flight
He must have been there to teach the KC people to make the new May/June Meals
I ran into him at the BCC a couple of months ago . . . he was the catering team that day, I guess. I expressed my pleasure with his food offerings
Old May 2, 2007, 8:02 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
The only time I order the hot meals is the holiday menus. Otherwise, I stick with the $5 "Tapas" menu, which is just about right for me.
Old May 3, 2007, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe2000
I saw a similar thread over on the United Airlines forum and thought it would be interesting to get everyone's opinions on "Best Care Cuisine." Please feel free to post comments on your most/least favorite offering, quality, price, availability, etc.
I had a hot chicken pannini sandwich with creamy mushroom soup and fruit on a Signature flight from MKE to MCO in February that was excellent. The fruit was surprisingly fresh and the soup had a nice hint of cream and nutmeg in it that you would expect to find in a restaurant.

I would rate the meal an 8 on a scale of 1-10.
Old May 3, 2007, 9:50 am

Programs: Midwest Miles Executive, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Avis First
I had the chicken caesar salad list night on PHL-MKE.
They've got another shrimp pasta dish, but they had to go and wreck it with a portabella.

My favorite of all time was the seafood mornay they had back in fall I believe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.