Wiki Posts
Search

Seats on the CRJs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2007, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Midwest Miles Executive, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Avis First
Seats on the CRJs

I believe there was a thread on the CRJs that somehow devolved into a conversation on the midwest growth plan, but I want to talk about comfort. I just checked seatguru and the CRJs aren't on there for Midwest. Can I use the Delta set up as a good rule of thumb?

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Del...nadair_CRJ.php

I have my first flight on one this coming Sunday night to PHL... that is if there isn't another Nor'easter!
Old Apr 17, 2007, 1:57 pm

Programs: AS,UA
Good luck with the seat on there, i hope it's not that bad, but you should give us details
Old Apr 17, 2007, 2:36 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
I think you are spot on with using a different CRJ200 as a rule of thumb.

If you can I would suggest 1b or c - basically the aisle seats in the first row, the reason being that you will be first off the plane and have a bit extra leg room.

Next I would suggest the aisle seats in the exit row.

Then any available aisle seat.

Then any window seat. The reason I suggest all window seats last is because I find in the CRJ that the curve of the fuselage of the plane causes all but the shortest of passengers to have to lean uncomfortable away from the window during flight.

Please let us know how your flight experience is.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

I will update sometime on Monday... I'm guessing it won't be as nice as 14C in the 717s, but hoping its better that I am assuming.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by broolio
I will update sometime on Monday... I'm guessing it won't be as nice as 14C in the 717s, but hoping its better that I am assuming.
Please let us know what your impressions of the CRJ are.

I got a chuckle out of this little blurb at the end of a Midwest e-mail that was sitting in my inbox this morning:

"Our CRJs feature brown leather seats in a two-by-two configuration, generous legroom, buy-onboard Best Care Cuisine meals and our popular baked-onboard chocolate chip cookies."

Not sure how they can make that claim as Skywest has kept the traditional 50 seat layout. I guess "generous" is a relative term these days.

I will second everything MKEbound said. Try and get a seat either in the first or exit row. Otherwise, stick with an aisle seat. You'll be much happier this way.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 3:35 pm

I have been on the CRJ and I would agree that the window seat is not the greatest. However, I am 6'2" and I didn't think the seat pitch was that awful. I'm told 31 inches is the pitch.

Boy, several years ago, these things were the cats meow. Now, most people hate them.

Anyway, I think the aircraft is pretty nice, for the right mission. Anything outside of 1hr 30mins is a bit much.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Ok - sat in seat 8B (exit row, aisle) in the CRJ to PHL last night... here are my thoughts:

1) If you are man taller than 5'9", you may be more comfortable sitting down in the lavatory than standing up.

2) The leather was soft and smelled nice and new. ^

3) I'm 6' and about 210, the width of the seat was ok I guess, but the arm rest seemed to be about the size of a toothpick, hard to put your arm on it without having it also in the thigh of your neighbor.

4) It's better than the US Airways Express 2x1 seating in my opinion.

5) Very very very small overhead and under seat storage... backpack and a jacket on board, gate check anything else.

The flight time announced to PHL was 1:39, I'd say that's stretching the amount of time one could possibly be comfortable. I think it would be fine for anything under 60 minutes... in fact I'll be on it to Duluth in a few weeks. Also, take an aisle seat if at all possible, being able to stretch out in the aisle was beneficial.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, UA Kettle
Originally Posted by broolio
I think it would be fine for anything under 60 minutes... in fact I'll be on it to Duluth in a few weeks.
I thought Skyway was flying the FRJs to Duluth?
Old Apr 24, 2007, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rwinn
I thought Skyway was flying the FRJs to Duluth?
Good call, forgot about that.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 2:54 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
The FRJ is a treat over the CRJ.

I love 1C, and gladly fly the longest routes on the FRJ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.