Wiki Posts
Search

Fare Dropped Policy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2007, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: HiltonHHonors Silver; SPG Gold; Midwest Airlines
Fare Dropped Policy

Is anyone as frustrated by this policy as I am? We have a flight booked for April. Trying to be proactive and get the best rate, we booked in January. The flight is now more is than $30 less per person than we paid, and that does not account for the current promo codes we can get as well!

I just hate the fact that over the last year, this has happened with almost every YX flight and they (customer service), absolutely does not care.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 10:08 am

Programs: AS,UA
Do other Airlines honor the drops if it drops? i have noticed that many of my flights on AA have dropped but never bothered to call them
On midwest they at least give you 7 days if you see a fare difference

I know that it is frustating as well, the best bests with YX is too not book too early unless the flight is almost sold out already
Old Mar 7, 2007, 11:02 am
Original Poster

I feel that it is just yet another issue in their decline of service. When I first contacted YX to request a voucher for the difference (as they used to do), I was informed this insane policy.

It is especially frustrating that everyone in guest services has a complete disregard to this situation. One agent said “it’s like playing stock market”. I said that when I play the market I realize I am taking a risk and asked her if she is trying to telling me that booking a flight with YX is a risk as well? Her only reply was that she is sorry I am frustrated. Seriously, what kind of comment is that??

I am so tempted to redeem my FF miles and say good riddens. At least with other airlines I am not disappointed in their poor service as it is what I expect. I expect a little more with Midwest, but they just continue to disappoint!
Old Mar 7, 2007, 11:03 am

Well, to be fair, not every seat brings in revenue for the airlines. Some seats are sold at or below cost. So there has some be some seats above it.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by artemis021
Well, to be fair, not every seat brings in revenue for the airlines. Some seats are sold at or below cost. So there has some be some seats above it.
Well, then shouldnt those be sold the the "last minute" folk...not those of us who plan ahead and guarantee a sale?
I did tell a guest services agent that perhaps they should start the prices out lower to be fair to the people who do book early and then end these types of situations. The agent had said that they encourage people to book early because the fares are lower. I informed that over the last year, doing that has been a mistake for us THREE different times.

Sorry, I am just venting
Old Mar 7, 2007, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by kelleek
Well, then shouldnt those be sold the the "last minute" folk...not those of us who plan ahead and guarantee a sale?
I did tell a guest services agent that perhaps they should start the prices out lower to be fair to the people who do book early and then end these types of situations. The agent had said that they encourage people to book early because the fares are lower. I informed that over the last year, doing that has been a mistake for us THREE different times.

Sorry, I am just venting
I understand. It is frustrating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.