Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AirTran tries MKE-BWI again

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2007, 7:20 am
Original Poster

AirTran tries MKE-BWI again

Starting in May, AirTran will once again fly MKE-BWI 2x per day with the 717. Last year they flew this route during the peak summer months and often had quite a few empty seats. In addition to that, AirTran also flew MKE-BWI from 2003 - 2004 and ultimately called it quits when they regularly had loads in the 40% to 50% range at $49 walk-up fares. Maybe they think the third time will be the charm.

Honestly, I don't see this as much of a threat to Midwest. They already have 3 flights per day which run pretty full. I'd expect to see the route up-graded to a CRJ and/or another flight added.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 7:29 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus
I think that this should be posted in the Airtran thread. I do not wish failure on AirTran. Them being successful on that route is good for our economy,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.