New search suggestion

Old Jul 2, 2010, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

New search suggestion

When searching for flights I got a page suggesting I continue my search on the Frontier website. It also offered the opportunity to continue on the Midwest site:

As part of the integration of Midwest and Frontier Airlines, we will soon be merging our websites. Based on the flights you've chosen, we suggest you purchase your flight on the Frontier website.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 3:23 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, Early Returns
When I check flights on the YX website they're cheaper than the F9 website. Looking at MKE-LAX in October, the same flights are $72 to $360 CHEAPER on the YX website (r.t. w/o stretch), so I'm inclined to purchase there. However, I'm leary of problems with a YX booked reservation on the day of my trip (seats or reservations being "lost", GA can't find res., etc). If they want us to book at F9, why not just direct us there automatically, why the choice?
Old Jul 3, 2010, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wisconsin
If they want us to book at F9, why not just direct us there automatically, why the choice?
That's going to happen soon enough.

The F9 website needs to offer the same functionality we were all used to at the YX site. i.e. changing seats, retrieving a reservation, etc. etc.

It's probably a work in progress. Give it a few more months.

As for lower fares, I've been finding lower fares on the F9 site. Go figure.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 11:58 am

As long as you book ALL your flights as YX flights, you can buy your ticket and check-in on the YX website until the sites are consolidated. Don't book some flights as YX and some as F9 or you won't be able to check-in on either site.
FYI, if you buy a refundable fare on YX (same type as F9 offers) you won't be "Classic Plus" like you would on F9's site and you'll have to pay extra for your baggage and you won't get free TV.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RSVP
As for lower fares, I've been finding lower fares on the F9 site. Go figure.
I was looking at an itinerary DFW-MKE-MCI a few weeks ago. Midwest.com and bing both showed the flight as 212 a/i, but frontier.com showed the same flights at 196 a/i. Both sites showed the same price for the MKE-MCI segment. I thought it was odd that bing didn't pick up frontier's lower fares...

Also, is the only option to change seats on F9 flights at the airport? I picked a seat towards the front out of habit (a result of flying everywhere on AA maddogs), but realized that a whole row to myself in the back is better than an aisle near the front, especially on the 10:20 departure.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by captaink
I was looking at an itinerary DFW-MKE-MCI a few weeks ago. Midwest.com and bing both showed the flight as 212 a/i, but frontier.com showed the same flights at 196 a/i. Both sites showed the same price for the MKE-MCI segment. I thought it was odd that bing didn't pick up frontier's lower fares...

Also, is the only option to change seats on F9 flights at the airport? I picked a seat towards the front out of habit
If you want a seat near the front on F9, you will have to purchase a Classic Plus or Classic ticket, unless there is something available on departure day. The back of the plane is now considered Economy.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RSVP
If you want a seat near the front on F9, you will have to purchase a Classic Plus or Classic ticket, unless there is something available on departure day. The back of the plane is now considered Economy.
My reservation shows 3D. It's a midwest E-170, but the flight was booked on frontier.com.

Could this be another item that still needs to be standardized
Old Jul 6, 2010, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Addition to home page

As part of the integration of Midwest and Frontier Airlines, we will soon be merging our websites. For your convenience, we suggest you book your flight at frontierairlines.com. Please continue using this website to make a reservation with a promo code or certificate, manage reservations, check in for a flight, access your Midwest Miles account, or redeem award travel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.