Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Midwest Airlines Midwest Miles (Pre-Alignment)
Reload this Page >

No-show for an outbound flight, will return flight still be honored?

Old Jun 9, 10, 8:48 am
Original Poster

I bought a round trip flight with Midwest Airline, but through Expedia Bargain Trip from GRR to DSM. However, I have a friend who is also headed that way and would like company on the drive. I am thinking of driving with the friend and would be a no-show for the outbound flight. If I do this, will my return trip still be valid?
Old Jun 9, 10, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by NANGBIC View Post
I bought a round trip flight with Midwest Airline, but through Expedia Bargain Trip from GRR to DSM. However, I have a friend who is also headed that way and would like company on the drive. I am thinking of driving with the friend and would be a no-show for the outbound flight. If I do this, will my return trip still be valid?
Legacy carriers tend to frown on this, but I'm not sure with Midwest. You might want to call Midwest and explain the situation, so they don't cancel your whole itinerary after the missed outbound trip.
Old Jun 9, 10, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by NANGBIC View Post
If I do this, will my return trip still be valid?
No. If you miss the first leg of your trip the entire itinerary will be cancelled.

I've tried to do this before on Midwest and they do not allow it. They'll be willing to change your ticket to a one-way flight, but you'll be responsible for paying any change fees and differences in fare.
Old Jun 9, 10, 9:46 am

Having purchased the ticket from Expedia, you might have an extra level of complexity in getting the ticket changed. It does not hurt to call, though.

Whatever you do, don't just be a no-show because it's almost certain to wreck your return. Even on airlines where they don't require a round trip purchase for a particular fare, a missed flight usually cancels the entire rest of the itinerary. They figure if you didn't do A to B, you're not going to do B to A.
Old Jun 9, 10, 6:56 pm

The last time this happened to me, (many years ago) the entire itinerary was cancelled.

Search this Thread