FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Midwest Airlines Midwest Miles (Pre-Alignment) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/midwest-airlines-midwest-miles-pre-alignment-496/)
-   -   New Commercial (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/midwest-airlines-midwest-miles-pre-alignment/1081870-new-commercial.html)

mke9499 May 5, 2010 9:25 am

New Commercial

There is a new commercial running in the Milwaukee market, which is very funny. It shows Larry the Lynx, filming a Milwaukee-targeted spot.

It features a British director, giving Larry direction. Toward the end, the director wants Larry to don a cheesehead.

If anyone has access to this spot, it would be great to post it. I have not yet seen it on either YouTube or F9.

The ad agency really does a great job on these.

The Midwest/Frontier transition spots seem to have stopped running. They must be changing over to the traditional F9 ads.

knope2001 May 5, 2010 9:45 am

Even though the Midwest name will be around awhile yet, it's good to see them putting Frontier-style ads out there. The word is widespread that Midwest is becoming Frontier, so this is the time to stop explaining it and start capitalizing on it.

Separately, two PR-related items.

(1) WTMJ channel 4 in MKE ran a story last night that Frontier has started service to Denver out of Madison, including footage. I'd be hard pressed to ever recall a time when MKE television reported on new airline service at any place other than MKE. Good to see they consider that news.

(2) The wayward badger who made his way into the downtown Milwaukee post office yesterday was covered heavily -- it was apparently a slow news day. Odd that a badger of all things would show up like this. For those unaware, badgers are rarely seen here...not that plentiful and particularly nocturnal and solitary. (The Badger State nickname does not come from the animal, but from early Cornish lead miners in the 1820s who were said to burrow into the ground like badgers to mine and even live.) Anyway, the front-page picture in the print Milwaukee Journal Sentinel today said "Badger Enters New Frontier at Downtown Post Office"

Although I am not suggesting a conspiracy on the sudden unexplained presence of a badger right after the E190 name-the-badger contest was launched, it IS interesting that the paper chose to use the word Frontier in the headline. That is simply not coincidence, and suggests that the Frontier PR is sinking in, at least a little bit!

MostlyAir May 5, 2010 10:59 am

Some of the comments are perfect and shadow that Frontier is starting to take hold in Milwaukee.

It was looking for the airport...he had a photo shoot at the Airport today to be on the tail of FRONTIER...but needs light rail to get him there.

Must of fallen off the tail of that Frontier plane. Duct tape time!

Name her Frontier?

mke9499 May 5, 2010 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by knope2001 (Post 13903741)
The wayward badger who made his way into the downtown Milwaukee post office yesterday was covered heavily -- it was apparently a slow news day. Odd that a badger of all things would show up like this. For those unaware, badgers are rarely seen here...not that plentiful and particularly nocturnal and solitary. (The Badger State nickname does not come from the animal, but from early Cornish lead miners in the 1820s who were said to burrow into the ground like badgers to mine and even live.) Anyway, the front-page picture in the print Milwaukee Journal Sentinel today said "Badger Enters New Frontier at Downtown Post Office"

Although I am not suggesting a conspiracy on the sudden unexplained presence of a badger right after the E190 name-the-badger contest was launched, it IS interesting that the paper chose to use the word Frontier in the headline. That is simply not coincidence, and suggests that the Frontier PR is sinking in, at least a little bit!

Story from WISN TV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahnDZLX-1R0&NR=1

Maybe the badger was looking for First Class, found out he couldn't get it at Frontier, but that the U.S. Mail offered First Class at the post office. :D

Daze May 5, 2010 4:34 pm

It's all great stuff, and good to hear positive media coverage for Frontier in MKE. That wasn't always the case with Midwest in recent years.

Now if we can just start to transition Frontier Milwaukee news to the Frontier forum....OR, rename the Midwest Forum the Frontier Milwaukee forum. :)

RSVP May 5, 2010 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by knope2001 (Post 13903741)

I had the same thought. It was all too coincidental.

mke9499 Jul 28, 2010 12:23 pm

I just heard a new radio commercial. which ran during the Brewers broadcast, today. I only heard some of it, but Larry was talking to Jack?and mentioning that Frontier is the official sponsor of the Milwaukee Brewers.

Talk about targeting specific markets!

I do not see it available for replay on the F9 site.

Straight talker Aug 15, 2010 10:47 pm

I talked recently to our advertising sales person about Republic. The advertising in Milwaukee has almost gone away. It makes you think about Republics future in Milwaukee. No one in Milwaukee knows anything about Frontier. They only know that Frontier is a cheap replacement for Midwest and they have replaced 3,000 local jobs. How long will Republic be in Milwaukee?