Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Armrests on EJ145 go up?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Armrests on EJ145 go up?

On the side with 2 seats, do the armrests on the EJ145 go up?

I am big enough to not be comfortable in economy as it is (seat width versus pitch), so I was thinking I'd be more comfortable booking two seats on the two-seat side as opposed to one seat on the one-seat side.

Plus I've also heard the curvature of the plane can make it a bit claustrophobic on the window seats. Are the windows lined up even with the seats? Do all window seats actually have windows?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Rabidstoat
On the side with 2 seats, do the armrests on the EJ145 go up?

I am big enough to not be comfortable in economy as it is (seat width versus pitch), so I was thinking I'd be more comfortable booking two seats on the two-seat side as opposed to one seat on the one-seat side.

Plus I've also heard the curvature of the plane can make it a bit claustrophobic on the window seats. Are the windows lined up even with the seats? Do all window seats actually have windows?
Just had two 145 flights in the last two days....

(1) The arm rests do go up in the middle between seats on the 2-side. The one-side has fixed arm rests.

(2) The windows on the ERJ are larger than average and line up with the seats well. Far larger than CRJ, and larger than something like a 737.

(3) The curvature of the wall is no problem in my opinion on the ERJ and I'm 6'3". Far less pronounced than the CRJ.

When you first get on the RJ it is smaller inside than you might expect, and it's definitely "close" when you are going past the galley area. But once you sit down, it's really pretty comfortable in my opinion.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:04 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
I think I have heard that there is a 'secret' button that you can push on a 737 to raise the aisle armrest. Maybe something like that also exists on the 145.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
I have found that there is a button on the armrest underside toward the rear of the armrest inside a metal hole. Even on the one side. Just used it yesterday on a flight back from OMA.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses! I booked a second state as it was reasonably priced, and I didn't want to feel cramped on the one-seat side (or encroach on the two-seat side). Glad the windows are at least big, the whole plane sounds like a claustrophobic's nightmare to me.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 2:04 pm

Let us know what you think after you've flown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.