Fate of the BCC?

Old Apr 1, 10, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, etc.
Fate of the BCC?

So does anyone know what the fate of the Best Care Club looks like now? I would be very sad to see those nice ladies turned out but I'm guessing things aren't looking good.

With DL departing it will be losing the benefit of cross access and I'm guessing the Republic changes have impacted the premium flyer base that would pay for a club so I fear the worst but am hoping someone here has seen a ray of hope for that nice Oasis in MKE.
Old Apr 1, 10, 10:00 am

The BCC is safe.
Old Apr 1, 10, 11:06 am

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
There are times that the only people in there were SkyClub members. I am going to miss that bennie a lot.
Old Apr 1, 10, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I find it amazing that people will pay $250 for access to a single lounge. Especially as if MKE is their home airport they could presumably time their arrival so they wouldn't have much time at the airport to enjoy the lounge.

Though I do understand the nice "ace in the hole" during weather/irrops etc.
Old Apr 2, 10, 11:16 am

Programs: UA1K MM, LH Senator, HH Plat, Priority Club Gold, UA RCC, Global Entry
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
I find it amazing that people will pay $250 for access to a single lounge. Especially as if MKE is their home airport they could presumably time their arrival so they wouldn't have much time at the airport to enjoy the lounge.

Though I do understand the nice "ace in the hole" during weather/irrops etc.
I agree that for that money, you should be able to get access to more than just ONE site. While MostlyAir says that the BCC is safe, yes but for how long? Trying to sustain an operation like that is costly and while Republic realizes that its customers want the facility, it comes down to dollars and cents at some point.
I would find it very hard to justify to my employer to pay that amount of money for access to just one location. And I think it would be harder to justify it to Mrs. MKE1K if I had to pay it out of my own pocket. Granted, access to clubs is one of the travel aspects I could not live without. Like a little fortress of solitude away from the Ma and Pa Kettles of the traveling world.
Old May 4, 10, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, etc.
Originally Posted by MostlyAir View Post
The BCC is safe.

I see you're right - even finally getting a second location in Denver per today's Midwest email. I'm darn sorry I wont' see it. Darn un-social DL!

Search this Thread