Jim Reichert promotion

Old Mar 9, 10, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-List, Hertz 5*, Bonvoy Gold
Jim Reichart promotion

Reichart promoted to VP of Sales, Distribution, and Loyalty for branded ops.

http://www.pr-inside.com/print1764333.htm

Does this mean he moves to IND?

Reading the press release, again, I noticed that Reichart's college major was mass communications/broadcasting; one of the first things drilled in to me, as a college student, was the field is mass communication - singular, not plural. Just find it funny to see in a press release.

Last edited by mke9499; Mar 22, 10 at 7:01 am
Old Mar 9, 10, 8:35 am

Good promotion for Jim. He's a good guy and knows what he's doing. He did a great job at the Do that BlueHorseShore organized last year. Interesting that they went with a Midwest guy, rather than Frontier, to play a key role in the new branding.

Perhaps he'll stay in Milwaukee...did Greg Aretakis stay here, or did he go to IND?
Old Mar 9, 10, 8:44 am

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
Originally Posted by newsmanhoss View Post
Good promotion for Jim. He's a good guy and knows what he's doing. He did a great job at the Do that BlueHorseShore organized last year. Interesting that they went with a Midwest guy, rather than Frontier, to play a key role in the new branding.

Perhaps he'll stay in Milwaukee...did Greg Aretakis stay here, or did he go to IND?
The last I heard was Greg Aretakis is still in MKE. I believe he joined the Q4 conference call with investors from MKE.
Old Mar 9, 10, 9:07 am
Original Poster

It is always great to see employees promoted from within, especially those who are dedicated and hardworking.

The YX site no longer acknowledges management, as before. Only Bedford is noted as YX "leadership". I believe this happened last year, after the purchase; everyone else got deleted. Reinstating short management bios on the site would lend some nice credibility. There are some talented people still there, who deserve recognition.
Old Mar 9, 10, 10:30 am

I agree with the other posters that this is a good promotion and Jim will do a great job for Republic. He'll certainly have a full plate in his hands with the up-coming decision on branding and integration of the frequent flier programs.

FWIW, I saw Jim at the airport on Friday morning. I believe most of the marketing functions are still in Milwaukee so he may remain. However, I suspect that if he does stay in Wisconsin he'll be doing a lot of traveling to IND and DEN.
Old Mar 9, 10, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe2000 View Post
I agree with the other posters that this is a good promotion and Jim will do a great job for Republic. He'll certainly have a full plate in his hands with the up-coming decision on branding and integration of the frequent flier programs.

FWIW, I saw Jim at the airport on Friday morning. I believe most of the marketing functions are still in Milwaukee so he may remain. However, I suspect that if he does stay in Wisconsin he'll be doing a lot of traveling to IND and DEN.
Jim is staying in Milwaukee and has said that he will be doing alot of traveling.
Old Mar 9, 10, 5:02 pm

He did a good job dealing with the media.

A much needed improvement over Mike Brophy. It will be interesting to see if he can continue to perform well when he has to stand before the news starved Milwaukee media and explain the harmonization decision.

Last edited by RSVP; Mar 9, 10 at 5:13 pm
Old Mar 9, 10, 8:07 pm

Good news for Jim. One Midwest employee retained/hired 2,999 more to go...
Old Mar 21, 10, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Brief interview with Reichart about branded loyalty programs, with some insight as to possible program modifications...

http://www.youtube.com/user/realmidwestairlines

Last edited by mke9499; Mar 22, 10 at 7:02 am
Old Mar 21, 10, 5:47 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
Originally Posted by mke9499 View Post
Brief interview with Reichert about branded loyalty programs, with some insight as to possible program modifications...

http://www.youtube.com/user/realmidwestairlines
I watched those interviews a couple of days ago. One thing that stuck out is, he brought up the fact that Midwest has won 58 awards, so the brand has value. I really think Republic is stuck between a rock and hard place if they decide to drop one of the brands.

Search this Thread