Seating chart confusion!

Old Jan 28, 10, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, HH diamond, Midwest Miles (RIP), NWA WP (RIP)
Question Seating chart confusion!

Just booking a flight DFW-MKE on 2/20. Itasoftware.com shows it as E170, but YX.com shows E190. What's weird is the seatmap...it shows 19 rows with an exit at row 7, and it starts at row 1??? It also calls all of them signature seating. Is this supposed to be one of the three E190's showed on seatguru, a messed up version of the e170, or a hybrid in case they really don't send an e190??? It let me select the exit row, so probably not real. Just curious if any one else has seen this, or know what this is all about...
Old Jan 28, 10, 2:05 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Hertz 5*, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by mkenwayx View Post
Just booking a flight DFW-MKE on 2/20. Itasoftware.com shows it as E170, but YX.com shows E190. What's weird is the seatmap...it shows 19 rows with an exit at row 7, and it starts at row 1??? It also calls all of them signature seating. Is this supposed to be one of the three E190's showed on seatguru, a messed up version of the e170, or a hybrid in case they really don't send an e190??? It let me select the exit row, so probably not real. Just curious if any one else has seen this, or know what this is all about...
This has been happening on a number of different routes, for the last couple of months. The seat map is very strange-looking, with the wings starting at row 2.

I believe that Midwest is aware of the problem and has passed the information on to whomever can correct it. But, in the meantime, I refer to Orbitz for accurate seat maps, which indicates that the aircraft for your flight is an E170. Sorry...no exit row or Signature service.
Old Jan 28, 10, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by mke9499 View Post
This has been happening on a number of different routes, for the last couple of months. The seat map is very strange-looking, with the wings starting at row 2.

I believe that Midwest is aware of the problem and has passed the information on to whomever can correct it. But, in the meantime, I refer to Orbitz for accurate seat maps, which indicates that the aircraft for your flight is an E170. Sorry...no exit row or Signature service.

Correct statement would be... "I believe that Republic is aware of the problem...". All these problems are because Rev BB is trying to save a dollar.

Spending to guarantee a good customer experience is not in Rev. BB playbook.
Old Jan 28, 10, 8:45 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
Really? Every single thread?

The current tech being used at midwest for this is the same setup that midwest had pre-Republic. It isn't Bedford's fault, he is actually going to be spending to combine the frontier and midwest booking systems.

Anyway, you came to the right place to voice these concerns as a few members here work in the IT department at Midwest.
Old Jan 28, 10, 11:55 pm

For what it's worth, right around the first of the year, when you use the booking engine at midwestairlines.com, all E170 routes started appearing with the designation changed to E190. That's the only thing that changed.

--It's still the (correct) E170 seat map
--Only the real E190 flights show the Signature upgrade for sale
--When you actually purchase, it says E170, not E190
--If you use "find a flight", the correct aircraft designation shows

More recently, as flights have been changed or added, the correct E170 designation appears. But E170 flight segments which have not had a change since earlier this month still show the incorrect E190 designation.
Old Jan 29, 10, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by knope2001 View Post
For what it's worth, right around the first of the year, when you use the booking engine at midwestairlines.com, all E170 routes started appearing with the designation changed to E190. That's the only thing that changed.

--It's still the (correct) E170 seat map
--Only the real E190 flights show the Signature upgrade for sale
--When you actually purchase, it says E170, not E190
--If you use "find a flight", the correct aircraft designation shows

More recently, as flights have been changed or added, the correct E170 designation appears. But E170 flight segments which have not had a change since earlier this month still show the incorrect E190 designation.
The problems existed as of the commencement of this thread, but have since been corrected, with the exception of some flights' aircraft designation.

Some of the flights in question are transitioning from E170 to E190 the end of this month.

I'm guessing that one of our YX contributors corrected the seat map error, in response to this thread.
Old Jan 29, 10, 12:40 pm

The problems existed as of the commencement of this thread, but have since been corrected, with the exception of some flights' aircraft designation.

Some of the flights in question are transitioning from E170 to E190 the end of this month.

I'm guessing that one of our YX contributors corrected the seat map error, in response to this thread.
I believe the problem still persists. A good search is MKE-LGA.

Last thing that I heard was that we were still working on it, but it lies in the hands of a vendor to fix the problem.
Old Jan 29, 10, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by MostlyAir View Post
I believe the problem still persists. A good search is MKE-LGA.

Last thing that I heard was that we were still working on it, but it lies in the hands of a vendor to fix the problem.
When I spot-checked MKE-LGA, MKE-FLL, MKE-DFW today, all now show valid seat map/configuration for E170, w/aircraft description listed as E190; previously, the seat map image was a very strange-looking "hybrid," as the OP described it.

I know that starting Jan 31, MKE-FLL switches from E170 to E190 service, which is accurately displayed in the booking engine. Are any other current E170 routes switching over to E190 within the next several days?
Old Jan 29, 10, 1:07 pm

When I spot-checked MKE-LGA, MKE-FLL, MKE-DFW today, all now show valid seat map/configuration for E170, w/aircraft description listed as E190; previously, the seat map image was a very strange-looking "hybrid," as the OP described it.

I know that starting Jan 31, MKE-FLL switches from E170 to E190 service, which is accurately displayed in the booking engine. Are any other current E170 routes switching over to E190 within the next several days?
What dates are you searching?

I go through the booking process and look at where the seat maps display and they're all E170 seats maps that display with text E190 with wings in the wrong places.

I believe some the E170 text E190 seats maps are a hit and miss. If the service is going to be on a E190 the seat map should be an E190.
Old Jan 29, 10, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by MostlyAir View Post
What dates are you searching?

I go through the booking process and look at where the seat maps display and they're all E170 seats maps that display with text E190 with wings in the wrong places.

I believe some the E170 text E190 seats maps are a hit and miss. If the service is going to be on a E190 the seat map should be an E190.
I was searching 1/30/2010-1/31/2010. When I now search later dates, the problem does still exist. Very strange-looking aircraft!
Old Jan 30, 10, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, HH diamond, Midwest Miles (RIP), NWA WP (RIP)
when I booked yesterday afternoon for dfw-mke in late february, it's still showing exits at row 7 over the wings with 19 rows, and llisted as e190. The seatmap is the odd part, not so much how they list the aircraft.

Has anyone heard plans for mke-dfw going e190n seems odd...sure the fri/sun flights I usually full, but doesn't seem like enough for the e190.

too bad they can't switch to love field!
Old Jan 30, 10, 7:06 pm

I am starting to wonder if there are browers differences, too.

The fact that when you book on Midwest Airlines website you see some E170 flights indicated as E190 is not a browser issue, of course.

However I defintely have never seen a seat map suggesting row 7 is exit row on the E170. The seat maps I see for the E170 have 19 rows of 2x2, which is accurate, and the red arrows indicating exit row (which should not be there) are in the crack between rows 10 and 11. On aircraft where there really is an exit row, the red arrowheads are not in the crack between rows but are solidly lined up in the row itself.

But it sounds like some people are seeing seating maps for the E170 which are messed-up-looking, yes? Using IE? Firefox? Other?
Old Jan 30, 10, 8:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Fmr Midwest Miles Executive
You might be right Knope...I use Firefox for nearly all my browsing, but have found that IE works the best with the Midwest website and pretty much never go to the Midwest website without using it (even to just look at my Executive account).
Old Jan 30, 10, 8:27 pm

The fact that when you book on Midwest Airlines website you see some E170 flights indicated as E190 is not a browser issue, of course.

However I defintely have never seen a seat map suggesting row 7 is exit row on the E170. The seat maps I see for the E170 have 19 rows of 2x2, which is accurate, and the red arrows indicating exit row (which should not be there) are in the crack between rows 10 and 11. On aircraft where there really is an exit row, the red arrowheads are not in the crack between rows but are solidly lined up in the row itself.

But it sounds like some people are seeing seating maps for the E170 which are messed-up-looking, yes? Using IE? Firefox? Other?
It seems to be more of a time issue, rather than browser. I have tried both IE and Google Chrome, with the same results.

Search results for about the next week yield normal-looking seats maps, while searching dates in mid Feb or beyond display the hybrid seat map, with wings at row 2.

I think this is a Sabre issue.
Old Jan 30, 10, 8:47 pm

Ah-ha! NOW I see what you mean. The 19-row 2x2 seating layout itself seems right, but the position of the wings and the (phantom) exit row is way out of whack. Hmmm...

Search this Thread