Wiki Posts
Search

Original Routing Credit?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2010, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Original Routing Credit?

I just got back from being out of town. I was one of many at MCI that got caught up in the fog/unqualified pilots "issue" earlier this week.

I was reaccomodated on Continental on a same-day flight. The YX paperwork in hand states "Invol Reroute".

In others' experience, will YX/Republic give me credit for the flight they cancelled?
Old Jan 24, 2010, 8:10 pm

Weather delay is a act of god. In my opinion, Midwest will not help you out.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 8:43 pm

Very likely not. I'm pretty sure nobody automatically gives credit for a flight you don't take no matter the circumstances.

You may have luck if you contact Midwest with the information and ask for the FF credit you would have earned. But I don't think anybody rountinely, automatically credits would-have-earned miles when a flight is axed.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by knope2001
You may have luck if you contact Midwest with the information and ask for the FF credit you would have earned. But I don't think anybody rountinely, automatically credits would-have-earned miles when a flight is axed.
I'd contact Midwest and give it a shot. They'll probably be more likely to give you credit if you have elite status.

This situation has happened to me several times on United over the years. In every instance I was credited with the appropriate amount of miles even though the flights occurred on other airlines.

No airline will automatically give credit for a cancelled flight, so you need to ask for the credit.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Thanks for the comments.

I guess I wasn't clear with my original posting. I completely understand that they will not give me credit unless I make a special request. I was just wondering whether YX (especially after Republic came into the picture) makes those types of concessions to its customers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.