Midwest Airlines Seat Sale to Benefit the MACC Fund

Old Jan 26, 10, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Midwest Airlines Seat Sale to Benefit the MACC Fund

Hello Everyone,
I thought a charitable event would be a good reason to start a new thread.

As most of you know, Midwest Airlines is selling most of their 717/MD80 Signature and Saver seats. 100% of the proceeds will go to the MACC Fund. The sale will take place Wednesday at the Midwest Airlines Hangar which is located at 555 Air Cargo Way, Milwaukee, WI 53207. The sale will last from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

If you guys have seen the page advertising the sale or gone to the previous sale, you would have seen that the sets cost either $50 or $75. Well, we talked about it and would like to make it $50 no matter what set you get. 2 or 3-seaters will only cost you $50. People at Midwest have been over to the hangar many times in the last few days preparing and a majority of these seats are in pristine condition.

There will be a limit of 1 signature set per adult and a limit of 2 saver sets per adult.

I would like to remind you that we will only accept checks. No Credit Cards or IOUs, sorry.

Another reminder, this will be a "First Come, First Serve" deal.

So to summarize:
Who: Midwest Airlines & The MACC Fund
What: 717/MD80 Signature/Saver Seat Sale
When: Wednesday, January 27, 2010. 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Where: Midwest Airlines Hangar - 555 Air Cargo Way, Milwaukee, WI 53207
Why: For Charity!

Here are some photos of the setup.

Bluethunder, bpz, and myself will be there among others. We look forward to seeing/meeting all of you!

Last edited by MostlyAir; Jan 26, 10 at 3:52 pm
Old Jan 26, 10, 10:24 am

Programs: WN A-List, Hertz 5*, Bonvoy Gold
Great pics...thanks for posting. Hope that there will be photos taken at the sale, as well.

Looks like things are very well organized; it is quite a sight!

What are the small papers on the seats?

Good luck on Wednesday.
Old Jan 26, 10, 2:07 pm
bpz

Location: Milwaukee, WI The views I express here are not necessarily supported by Republic Airways Holdings, Midwest Airlines or its codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions.
Originally Posted by mke9499 View Post
Great pics...thanks for posting. Hope that there will be photos taken at the sale, as well.

Looks like things are very well organized; it is quite a sight!

What are the small papers on the seats?

Good luck on Wednesday.
The small paper on the seats is an "Installation / Removal Record." Basically it has all the important information related to the seat, but nothing relevant to any of us. (assuming people don't care about serial/manufacturer numbers)

Last edited by bpz; Jan 26, 10 at 2:27 pm
Old Jan 26, 10, 3:37 pm

The sale was promoted this afternoon on WTMJ Radio; I anticipate that the evening news will give a mention, as well, as the first sale was covered by most local outlets.

Additional photos of the Signature and Saver seat-filled hangar posted to Facebook this afternoon. The photos show that lots of hard work went into the staging; hope it's successful!
Old Jan 26, 10, 4:42 pm

There appears to be better organization, than the reports we received of the previous sale.
Old Jan 26, 10, 5:02 pm

This is WAY better organized than the first sale, which I attended.

Some apologists on this board said this type of organization wasn't possible for a seat sale. Well, apparently, someone wised up.

Looks like there aren't many 717 signature seats left...I bet they'll be gone in the first few minutes, followed by the old signatures from the MD80s. The Saver seats will likely be the last to go, but still a great conversation piece for aviation enthusiasts.
Old Jan 26, 10, 6:16 pm
Company Representative - Midwest Airlines

Location: Oak Creek, WI The views I express here are not necessarily supported by Republic Airways Holdings or its codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions.
Originally Posted by newsmanhoss View Post
This is WAY better organized than the first sale, which I attended.

Some apologists on this board said this type of organization wasn't possible for a seat sale. Well, apparently, someone wised up.

Looks like there aren't many 717 signature seats left...I bet they'll be gone in the first few minutes, followed by the old signatures from the MD80s. The Saver seats will likely be the last to go, but still a great conversation piece for aviation enthusiasts.
Thanks newsmanhoss. Bpz and myself put in about 10hrs each to get this organized. My hopes are that we can donate at least $5,000 to the MACC Fund as a result of the sale. My only concern is the questionable demand for the Saver seats. They're in awesome condition, just narrower than the Sigs.
Old Jan 27, 10, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by bluethunder View Post
Thanks newsmanhoss. Bpz and myself put in about 10hrs each to get this organized. My hopes are that we can donate at least $5,000 to the MACC Fund as a result of the sale. My only concern is the questionable demand for the Saver seats. They're in awesome condition, just narrower than the Sigs.
Keep up the good work.
Old Jan 27, 10, 11:28 am
Original Poster

I just got back from the seat sale, because we sold ALL the seats already! Should be a nice amount of money to go to the MACC fund, more than what Matt (BlueThunder) expected.

Looked like everyone was having fun looking for their seats and things ran smoothly. I got to talk to most of the people at the sale, because I was showing off the different types of seats you could get before you entered the sale.

Three of the Milwaukee news channels were there to record some of the action, so you may see it on TV.
Old Jan 27, 10, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by MostlyAir View Post
I just got back from the seat sale, because we sold ALL the seats already! Should be a nice amount of money to go to the MACC fund, more than what Matt (BlueThunder) expected.

Looked like everyone was having fun looking for their seats and things ran smoothly. I got to talk to most of the people at the sale, because I was showing off the different types of seats you could get before you entered the sale.

Three of the Milwaukee news channels were there to record some of the action, so you may see it on TV.
On Facebook, one very happy customer who arrived at midnight noted that he "...dressed in three layers, wrapped myself in a sleeping bag and blanket, sitting in a lawn chair outside the maintenance hangar sliding door." He did not seem to mind, however, as he was able to purchase a set of Sig seats, aisle row.

Sounds like you all did a great job, and that everyone was very pleased with the outcome!

Will check the local news broadcasts tonight.
Old Jan 27, 10, 2:28 pm

Ebay listing for two pair of Sig seats, apparently from today's sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Midwest-Airlines...item3359a6ef2c

Additional photos recently added to Facebook. Again, it looks like all who organized and worked the sale did a really great job. I only wish that I could have been there to make a purchase, myself.

Last edited by mke9499; Jan 27, 10 at 2:48 pm
Old Jan 27, 10, 3:42 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, Early Returns
I got to the sale a few minutes before 8 and there were 6 people in line ahead of me. The first guy in line said he got there at midnight! It was windy and cold but Bluethunder let us inside the hanger and we waited under the tail of an E190! We should have brought some warm chocolate chip cookies just for effect! The sale was very organized. Bluethunder is a very friendly guy and an asset to Republic I'm sure. What else you got to sell us?! P.S. My 717 Sigs seem a little tippy on carpet, any suggestions flyertalkers?
Old Jan 27, 10, 6:01 pm

Programs: No change fees keep me tied to WN. Choice and Marriott hotels primarily.
Do the same thing as the airlines - Screw them into the floor
Old Jan 27, 10, 6:16 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
If I heard on the news right, the seat sale made 6,000 dollars for the MACC fund. Good job MostlyAir, BlueThunder and bpz! I think TMJ4 interviewed BlueThunder....
Old Jan 27, 10, 7:00 pm
Company Representative - Midwest Airlines

Location: Oak Creek, WI The views I express here are not necessarily supported by Republic Airways Holdings or its codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions.
Originally Posted by flyYX View Post
If I heard on the news right, the seat sale made 6,000 dollars for the MACC fund. Good job MostlyAir, BlueThunder and bpz! I think TMJ4 interviewed BlueThunder....
I think the total is going to be more like $9500. The maintenance folks kicked in money from previous seat sales to employees, and there were more seats than I thought in today's sale. The final count was 149 seats and I thought it was more like 120.

Search this Thread