Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Skymiles on Midwest Flight

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Delta Skymiles on Midwest Flight

I booked a one way flight on the Midwest website. It gave me the option to use Delta Skymiles. I asked the gate agent if I was credited, she had no idea. Is Midwest giving Delta miles as an option?
Old Jan 18, 2010, 12:07 am

Actually you can receive Delta miles on Midwest:

http://skymilesoffers.delta.com/airl...tners.php#MIDA
Old Jan 18, 2010, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by mike belman
I booked a one way flight on the Midwest website. It gave me the option to use Delta Skymiles. I asked the gate agent if I was credited, she had no idea. Is Midwest giving Delta miles as an option?
Welcome to FlyerTalk.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:59 am

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Yes, you can, but be careful and check up on it. I am still awaiting credit to DL Skymiles after having the CSA change it three timees from my MME account.

In another thread, someone noted that this is an issue with DL and not Midwest. All I know is it has been four months and still no DL credit. This after several email and phone exchanges with CS.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 11:33 am

I've had no issue, but it was work travel booked through my company's self-booking tool where I put my DL number in a YX flight.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 2:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Fmr Midwest Miles Executive
I have never had a problem getting credit to my Skymiles/Worldperks account when flying on Midwest...In fact, in late December I credited 2 Midwest segments to my Delta account to maintain status and it posted about a week after the actual flights.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:50 am

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Apparently, results vary.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Just another data point.

Flew MKE-PHL on YX about 10 days ago. Our corporate booking engine has issues w/ putting your DL # into a YX res.

On my way to PHL had someone at the BCC put my DL # in my reservation (thank goodness my NW Worldclub card is still honored).

Exactly 7 days later the miles (and segments) posted to my DL account.

TD
Old Feb 15, 2010, 10:48 am

I have a somewhat related question and can't seem to find an answer anywhere. Is there anyway to use Midwest Miles to buy things in Delta's SkyMiles Marketplace? I have about 65,000 Midwest Miles and I'd love to just exchange them for $650 in gift cards, but Midwest doesn't offer anything like that.

I know there are sites where you can pay a fee to exchange miles, but I'm not to keen on losing tons of miles in the exchange.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 4:46 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, National Execute Elite
What about Midwest Flights operated by Frontier? Im looking to book via Midwest website and want to make sure I can get my SM's
Old Feb 15, 2010, 8:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Fmr Midwest Miles Executive
Originally Posted by wms02a
What about Midwest Flights operated by Frontier? Im looking to book via Midwest website and want to make sure I can get my SM's
You can definitely redeem your Midwest miles on Midwest flights operated by Frontier...think of this relationship in the same way as the Midwest flights operated by Republic (all E135, E145, E170 and E190 flights).
Old Feb 16, 2010, 9:34 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
I think he meant can he earn skymiles on a frontier operated flight. I believe the answer is yes, as long as you book through Midwest Airlines and get a YX ticket, not a Frontier ticket.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromMKE
I think he meant can he earn skymiles on a frontier operated flight. I believe the answer is yes, as long as you book through Midwest Airlines and get a YX ticket, not a Frontier ticket.
Of course, if you do that, you might pay a higher fare than if you booked directly with Frontier. I guess it depends on how much the Delta miles is worth to you vs. Frontier or AirTran miles (which is all that Frontier offers for flights booked directly with them).
Old Feb 16, 2010, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by amanuensis
Of course, if you do that, you might pay a higher fare than if you booked directly with Frontier. I guess it depends on how much the Delta miles is worth to you vs. Frontier or AirTran miles (which is all that Frontier offers for flights booked directly with them).
I believe the above statement is missing something...I believe that you can obtain Midwest Miles on Frontier operated routes, which means you can accrue Miles in a program that allows you to redeem them on Delta flights.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 10:15 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, National Execute Elite
Originally Posted by MikeFromMKE
It worked so far, travel agent booked it via MW and it accepted my SM#

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.