Expanded Service by YX out of MCI

Old Jan 15, 10, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Fmr Midwest Miles Executive
Expanded Service by YX out of MCI

The Milwaukee Business Journal has an article today speculating that Republic is going to expand Midwest's service out of MCI...The cities that are speculated to be added are Raleigh, Austin and New Orleans.

http://milwaukee.bizjournals.com/mil...5&ana=e_du_pub
Old Jan 15, 10, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by blucys View Post
The cities that are speculated to be added are Raleigh, Austin and New Orleans.

All three are good candidates for restoration. I've also heard that MCI-PIT (along with DEN-PIT) is in the works as well.
Old Jan 15, 10, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by blucys View Post
The Milwaukee Business Journal has an article today speculating that Republic is going to expand Midwest's service out of MCI...The cities that are speculated to be added are Raleigh, Austin and New Orleans.

Unfortunately this is just another abolsute nothing story spurred on by the Business Journal's need to find things to talk about.

(1) The Business Journal all but we themselves yesterday over the move of Midwest's headquaters to Indianapolis. Never mind that there really isn't "headquarters" left nor has there been. Even the Journel Sentinel's small item said "That move will have little effect on Midwest" and "Only a small number of executives remained at the airline's offices on South Howell Avenue."

(2) The sister publication KC Business Journal put an inquiry in to Republic to ask what this means to KCI, and they replied with an e-mail saying they are "considering restoring some of the serivce reductions that Midwest made in Kansas City". That is a generic statement devoid of meaning.

(3) The KC Business Journel stats that "Republic has yet to discuss any service restorations with Kansas City International Airport following its purchase of Midwest". That means they have said nothing other than the generic statement. But someone from the airport who admits they have zero information whatsoever from Republic speculates that they would be in a good position to add Raleigh, Austin, and New Orleans. Two of aren't even recent Midwest markets from MCI.

(4) This is reported by the KCBJ as if it were something other than made-up news, and it takes on a life of its own.

Now those certainly could be MCI restorations. But there is absolutely no more reason today than yesterday to think that Republic is going to rebuild Kansas City. I personally think there's a good shot of some additional growth there. But my speculation is just my opinion. But now with the KCBJ's manufactured story, it looks like KC is on the way up. I'm just waiting for Enilria on airliners.net to grab a hold of this story as further proof that Republic is pursuing a failed business plan by growing Midwest.

Oh...and KCBJ is also reporting, based on no more information than any of the rest of of have from that press release, that Midwest and Frontier will be integrated by the end of the second quarter. That's not what the release they cite says at all, but no matter. It's in print and it's out there for people to quote.
Old Jan 15, 10, 7:28 pm

Just to clarify, I'm not slamming blucys for posting this. It is appropriate in this forum and somebody would have eventually posted it eventually anyway.

Search this Thread