MKG

Old Jan 11, 10, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NWA, Midwest Airlines, USAirways, Delta, American, United
Smile MKG

I asked this before Republic bought Frontier and Midwest but wondered if any of you can speculate with Republic picking up some previously dropped Midwest Airlines airport do you think there is any chance they will pick up MKG again maybe in the Spring or Summer of 2010?

Delta is pulling out on February 10 of MKG and United will be picking us up on February 11 would love to have two airlines back again to give some competitive prices. We could probably fill both airlines with business travelors during the week and vacationers on the weekends.

Thanks,
Old Jan 11, 10, 6:29 pm

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by MKGFlyer View Post
I asked this before Republic bought Frontier and Midwest but wondered if any of you can speculate with Republic picking up some previously dropped Midwest Airlines airport

If Republic were interested in this flying, wouldn't they have submitted an EAS bid?

Difficult to compete against someone who is subsidized so I'd say it is highly unlikely.
Old Jan 11, 10, 7:48 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
United will be doing MKG - ORD. Something I think was on MKG's wishlist. So I doubt MKG - MKE will return. Sorry MKGFlyer
Old Jan 12, 10, 9:10 am

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by flyYX View Post
United will be doing MKG - ORD. Something I think was on MKG's wishlist. So I doubt MKG - MKE will return. Sorry MKGFlyer
It wasn't exactly on MKG's "wishlist" ; this was thrust upon them by Delta's decision to discontinue air service to MKG, and the subsequent EAS process.
Old Jan 12, 10, 11:24 am

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
Originally Posted by hazelrah View Post
It wasn't exactly on MKG's "wishlist" ; this was thrust upon them by Delta's decision to discontinue air service to MKG, and the subsequent EAS process.
I think I read somewhere the MKG people preferred ORD over MKE. Probably because the connection possibilities are endless compared to MKE. Don't get me wrong, I was sad to see MKG, RHI and CWA get dumped by YX. But if the economics are not there, then it doesn't make sense to continue to lose money on a route.... even if it was an EAS route. Plus you have people calling it a fleecing of America and pointing fingers everywhere that it is a waste of money. Sometimes even blaming the airline for flying the route. If Republic brings back CWA - MKE I think that route can make money. Also, I think RHI - MKE seasonal would work too. But Great Lakes flies that right now and I don't see YX flying MKE - RHI as long as it is being serviced by another airline.
Old Jan 14, 10, 12:19 pm

Programs: Skymiles, Mileage Plus
I would love for MKE to come back online.

I miss the old days of Skyway Airlines flying the Beechcraft 1900D into MKG.

One of the few planes were nearly everyone got a window and aisle seat.

Unfortunately I believe due to the economy it won't happen, I will be curious to see how things turn out when the economy finally recovers in 2012 as they are predicting.

Maybe then XJ will come back, just a shame that more people don't make the effort to use MKG. Great little airport IMHO.

Flying into GRR is alright, but then another 60 minute drive gets pretty old, pretty fast.

I can remember the days of American Eagle flying into MKG with full flights, and United Express flying into MKG.

Sadly as others have stated who wants to compete against subsidies.

The other night on my flight out of MKG - DTW there were a paultry 8 passengers, out of 34 available seats, 23.5%, no wonder MKG needs a subsidy.

I do love MKE airport, great airport and fun to plane watch.

God I miss the good ol' days of YX.

Search this Thread