Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hiring for Milwaukee-based flight attendents

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2010, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Hiring for Milwaukee-based flight attendents

Just in the past few days the Frontier/Midwest jobs site added a listing for job openings for Milwaukee-based F/A. Does anyone know for certain if they had true MKE-based crew members before? I think we've primarily seen crews from other bases operate the MKE flights.

Having dedicated inflight for YX flights based here will help them with onboard product consistancy, in my opinion.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 8:58 pm

Who would have thought that Milwaukee might be the epicenter for flight attendant hiring this year. Between Midwest/Frontier/Republic and AirTran, MKE seems to be the go-to place for pilots and FAs seeking positions.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 6:21 am

I flew LAX-MKE in October on an E190. At the end of the flight, the FA made reference to "the Milwaukee based flight crew."
Old Jan 4, 2010, 7:25 am

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Republic and Chautauqua both have crew bases in MKE. Frontier will open a crew base in
april.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 7:29 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
cwe84,

What is involved in making a crew base and are there any advantages to the city where it is located?
Old Jan 4, 2010, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cwe84
Republic and Chautauqua both have crew bases in MKE. Frontier will open a crew base in
april.
Ahh, perhaps these are F9 crew jobs, then. The Republic site does not list Milwaukee as either a pilot or FA base, but then again that site is not always the most up to date. It does list Milwaukee as a mx base, however.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 7:41 am

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by knope2001
Ahh, perhaps these are F9 crew jobs, then. The Republic site does not list Milwaukee as either a pilot or FA base, but then again that site is not always the most up to date. It does list Milwaukee as a mx base, however.
Yes it is for F9... Maybe if YX crews weren't so hell bent on DOH and took the offer of percentage slotting all YX F/A's would be working,,,
Old Jan 12, 2010, 3:54 am

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Yes it is for F9... Maybe if YX crews weren't so hell bent on DOH and took the offer of percentage slotting all YX F/A's would be working,,,
Q: What's the next best thing to no union for management ?

A: A regional jet union.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 8:04 am

This is union busting at its best.

Midwest pilots and flight attendents have been trying to get the seniority integration with Republic completed for months. Republic keeps delaying things and wants to fill all positions with new hires.

I see Bryan Bedford as unfriendly to the community, Midwest employees, and the current Republic employees.

Last edited by n735; Jan 12, 2010 at 8:13 am
Old Jan 12, 2010, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by lougord99
cwe84,

What is involved in making a crew base and are there any advantages to the city where it is located?
Sorry I just saw this post. There are a lot of things that go into it. Money from the local airport authority is a good start. A MX facility is generally needed but isn't always the case. Atleast three planes that remain overnight. Six to ten crews overnighting. Dedicated routes from codeshare partners. We are opening GRR in a few months for Chautauqua.

Some cities meet the critieria but won't see a crew base because of the airport itself. CLT is the best case. There isn't enough space avalible so GSO became the next best city.

Also RAH/Teamsters hasn't been holding up integration. YX crews walked away. AFA wants DOH for the active (on day of aquisition) 50 but could care less for the rest of the F/A's. Teamsters offered realative seniority to all F/A's on the whole list.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 7:33 pm

Sorry I just saw this post. There are a lot of things that go into it. Money from the local airport authority is a good start. A MX facility is generally needed but isn't always the case. Atleast three planes that remain overnight. Six to ten crews overnighting. Dedicated routes from codeshare partners. We are opening GRR in a few months for Chautauqua.

Some cities meet the critieria but won't see a crew base because of the airport itself. CLT is the best case. There isn't enough space avalible so GSO became the next best city.

Also RAH/Teamsters hasn't been holding up integration. YX crews walked away. AFA wants DOH for the active (on day of aquisition) 50 but could care less for the rest of the F/A's. Teamsters offered realative seniority to all F/A's on the whole list.

Right, or was that after Republics Union said they wanted 20 year Midwest Captains (15000 hr/50 years old) to be junior to 2 year First Officer (1500 hr/25 years old) at Republic. I only remember Republics Union and management canceling meetings.

Republic is more concerned about reducing operating costs then the safety of its passengers.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:09 pm

Also RAH/Teamsters hasn't been holding up integration. YX crews walked away. AFA wants DOH for the active (on day of aquisition) 50 but could care less for the rest of the F/A's. Teamsters offered realative seniority to all F/A's on the whole list.[/QUOTE]

"Right, or was that after Republics Union said they wanted 20 year Midwest Captains (15000 hr/50 years old) to be junior to 2 year First Officer (1500 hr/25 years old) at Republic. I only remember Republics Union and management canceling meetings."

The first thing for the person with the second quote..The First Quote was referring to AFA,,which is a FLIGHT ATTENDANT Union, it has nothing to do with the pilots. Second, for the 50 Midwest Senior FA's to pull this is sad,,The RAH FA's were prepared for intergration based on the percentage rule, meaning if your in the top 20 percent of your company your in the top 20 of the cojoined company. or at the very least sloting, Some where in the neighborhood of 4 to 1. Either one for all Midwest FA, it is a heck of a deal considering IF Republic had not bought you no one would have had jobs period!~!

And as far as Crew Bases,,yes it is a Base for Republic, (ie 170/195 flying) and Chautauqua 145-135 flying.

And if bringing over 300+ more jobs to MKE is unfriendly to the community then I feel sorry for the community
Old Feb 22, 2010, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by lovinglife27

Why should a Midwest FA making double a Republic FA, with better work rules, flying 3 legs per day .vs. the 8 legs per day at Republic, and with 10 yrs of airline experience agree to be junior to a 2 yr Republic FA?

The law requires a Fair and Equitable integration.

Would that be FAIR?

Now Republic is hiring new FA at one of lowest pay scales seen in aviation because Republic can get additional state money for creating jobs.

Is this the future for our children?

Is this the American way?

These are loyal and honorable lifelong employees of Midwest Airlines. They "love" the airline they helped to build.

The Midwest FA have a labor contract that needs to be honored. All they want is a FAIR integration and their jobs back flying Midwest passengers.

ps. For you cheap FF - Midwest FA make double a Republic FA because as you work more years in the industry, flying larger aircraft ... you get pay increases just like a middle managers pay .vs. a new managemnet trainee.

Last edited by n735; Feb 22, 2010 at 2:07 pm
Old Feb 22, 2010, 7:42 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
Originally Posted by n735
Is this the American way?
Are you not familiar with capitalism? This is basically the premise... Companies making money stay in business and companies that aren't go out of business. Until Republic bought them, Midwest was a failing company.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromMKE
Are you not familiar with capitalism? This is basically the premise... Companies making money stay in business and companies that aren't go out of business. Until Republic bought them, Midwest was a failing company.

The course of American in the last 10 years is not what made this country great. Our culture has changed from one based on customer service, manufacturing, technologically developement, ... to one of...

Individual greed, financial leveraging, corporate mergers to save money on duplicate functions, Wall Street gambling in derivatives, government growth,...

TPG/NWA bought Midwest to block the growth of AirTran. Midwest losses were small like many airlines after 9/11 (except Southwest with some great fuel hedging) until TPG changed the accounting system for tax reasons. This became a private investment companys stripping cash and capturing some federal tax write-offs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.