Wiki Posts
Search

Midwest operated by Frontier flight

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2009, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
Midwest operated by Frontier flight

I just finished a RT from MKE - LAS yesterday and I could not be happier with the service. I know the GA and FA's are still having a tough time saying this is a Midwest flight operated by Frontier. The FA's had some of us chuckling in the plane when they kept stumbling over certain parts of their announcments only to have to come back and correct their mistakes. As everyone knows I love the IFE that is Direct TV. It really does pass the time for me. I was surprised to find out they still had sandwiches left since I was sitting in row 19. The turkey wrap was excellent by the way. On my return flight I wasn't able to check in online so I decided to check in at LAS. The CSR looked at my carry on and asked me if I wanted to check it free of charge. I looked at him and repeated "free of charge?". When he nodded I didn't have to think twice and handed it over. I hate carry on lugguge with a passion! I didn't ask why they checked my luggage for free.... I can only guess because every seat on the plane was sold and overhead storage was going to be scarce. I sat in row 19 again and they still had BOB meals available! I wasn't hungry so I just had the free soda. This time I was checking out the pitch in the seating since they will be adding stretch seating soon and the pitch will become a little tighter. I figure they can take an inch away from the pitch and my knees would not be planted into the seat back in front of me. If my knees are ground into the back of the seat I will not fly on that plane. Frontier has a great product and I think Midwest will benifit from it. I would love to see the A319's in Midwest livery though.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by flyYX
I would love to see the A319's in Midwest livery though.

Does this hint at the future of the Midwest brand? I've often had that question in the back of my mind.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 8:22 pm

Programs: DEN: WN or UA, AA LT Gold, VIA Preference Preferred
I would love to see the A319's in Midwest livery though.
Or E190s in Frontier livery. (Yes there were once E170s operated by Republic in F9 paint).

Since BB wants to retain brand loyalty, maybe Midwest and Frontier could work similar to how Alaska and Horizon do now: F9 flys the Airbuses, Midwest (Republic) flies the E jets, and they call any other contract flying of smaller planes Midwest (operated by ?). Color schemes could be coordinated, but not identical. For example, I don't think F9 green goes with the silver/grey block letters on the side of the fuse. So why not paint the engine nacelles Midwest blue instead of green, along with blue background on airport signs, and maybe blue seats as they come due for replacement. Then maybe the gold stripe/trim on Midwest becomes silver/grey. This way, they maintain separate identities, but an integrated image. Passengers can gradually get to know that Frontier and Midwest are one, but no wholesale abandonment of one company (except the YX crews).

BTW, the napkins on my last F9 flight had Midwest on one side, and Frontier on the other.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 9:21 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
And animals on the tails of each aircraft!
Old Dec 22, 2009, 11:44 am

.......This time I was checking out the pitch in the seating since they will be adding stretch seating soon and the pitch will become a little tighter. I figure they can take an inch away from the pitch and my knees would not be planted into the seat back in front of me. If my knees are ground into the back of the seat I will not fly on that plane.......
Sounds like a good flight.

Any idea when this is coming? Will it be similar to or the same as Signature seating, or something different?
Old Dec 22, 2009, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
Originally Posted by Eaton

Any idea when this is coming? Will it be similar to or the same as Signature seating, or something different?
http://www.frontierairlines.com/fron...tretch-faqs.do

E190 (Available beginning 11/3/2009)
* STRETCH Rows 1-4
A320 (Available beginning 12/15/2009)
* STRETCH Rows 1-4
A318 (Available beginning 12/24/2009)
* STRETCH Rows 1-4
A319 (Available by 2/1/2010)
* STRETCH Rows 1-4
Old Dec 22, 2009, 1:57 pm

Thanks much.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Eaton

From what I have been able to ascertain. STRETCH will be four rows of 3X3 seating. 18" wide with 36" pitch.

Not exactly Signature seating.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 5:13 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
You are correct. Pitch is less important to the vast majority of people than having a middle seat with people on both sides of you.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 5:44 pm

I really enjoy the 2X1 configuration available on the E190 as I am travelling alone most of the time. It also has a wider seat.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 1:30 pm

I've got a flight to LAS in January on the A319. I booked seats in the first 4 rows just in case the particular plane has been fitted for the STRETCH seating a few weeks before the 2/1 date.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by BradWI
I've got a flight to LAS in January on the A319. I booked seats in the first 4 rows just in case the particular plane has been fitted for the STRETCH seating a few weeks before the 2/1 date.
From a post in the Frontier forum, indications were that anyone booked in Rows 1-4 prior to the launch of STRETCH was moved into coach. The 318s and 320s have been completed, and some passengers have experienced this.
Old Dec 25, 2009, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by BradWI
Great minds think alike I'm flying to LAS in February on the A319 and chose a seat in the first four rows for the same reason. I'd think the system could automatically move us back at some point, but we shall see.

I think I'm going to miss the wider Signature seat a lot.
Old Dec 25, 2009, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by amostrask

I think I'm going to miss the wider Signature seat a lot.
AirTran has a very affordable Signature Seat in Business class, 37" pitch, 22" width. You are able to upgrade with $$$ or AirTran Credits.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by RSVP
AirTran has a very affordable Signature Seat in Business class, 37" pitch, 22" width. You are able to upgrade with $$$ or AirTran Credits.
I booked myself a one-way leg in business on Airtran for next year and am looking forward to trying it out!

I think those seat dimensions are about the same as the gone-but-not-forgotten Midwest Signature Seats, aren't they?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.