FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Midwest Airlines Midwest Miles (Pre-Alignment) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/midwest-airlines-midwest-miles-pre-alignment-496/)
-   -   One of the odder delays... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/midwest-airlines-midwest-miles-pre-alignment/1018471-one-odder-delays.html)

knope2001 Nov 18, 2009 3:57 pm

One of the odder delays...

1069 Flint-Milwaukee delayed about an hour this afternoon...because...the seatback safety cards were out of compliance.

Plane was boarded and there were "paperwork" delays. Ultimately they came through the cabin and collected the safety cards from the seat back pockets, and replaced them with (what appeared to be) freshly printed paper safety cards for all. They pulled a number of connecting passengers off to rebook them (maybe 10?). Definitely not a delay I've heard of before!

Tim34 Nov 18, 2009 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by knope2001 (Post 12843184)
1069 Flint-Milwaukee delayed about an hour this afternoon...because...the seatback safety cards were out of compliance.

Plane was boarded and there were "paperwork" delays. Ultimately they came through the cabin and collected the safety cards from the seat back pockets, and replaced them with (what appeared to be) freshly printed paper safety cards for all. They pulled a number of connecting passengers off to rebook them (maybe 10?). Definitely not a delay I've heard of before!

You should be glad that they delayed the flight. What if something happened and you did not have the the correct information????? Safety first!!!:D

blehman Nov 18, 2009 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by knope2001 (Post 12843184)

I had the same delay on a Delta flight out of Atlanta earlier this year. Ours was about two hours. While one would think everyone would go ballistic as such an asinine reason, we were all so gobsmacked no one said even a word in disbelief

cfwolfs Nov 18, 2009 8:19 pm

That's interesting... I was on that flight on Friday afternoon (and on the MKE-FNT on Monday afternoon that turns around and becomes 1169.). It's an EMB-135 operated by Chautauqua. I recall that the cards were not Midwest specific (like the OO flight from PHL-MKE) but I can't imagine what was wrong.

Granted it's not the same plane... But yeah, what a weird delay.

cwe84 Nov 18, 2009 10:07 pm

It could have been something as simple as the printing date. Once the cards have been updated the old cards are not allowed for use. If a station hadn't thrown out thier old ones and restocked the plane with fresh cards then it would be illegal to fly. It is up to the F/A to notice if the cards are in compliance or not.

I had this very same thing happen a few months ago. We were taking a E170 from PHL. All the cards were E170 specific. We haven't had that particular card since the E175's came online. Therefore the cards were illegal because they were out of date.

It happens I would say that someone put E140/5 cards on the plane instead of E135 cards. Our cards are airline/aircraft specific but not codeshare specific.