Best Care Cuisine

Old Nov 3, 09, 3:07 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MKE
Programs: Midwest Miles
Posts: 6
Best Care Cuisine

They have merged Frontier's on-board catering service with Midwest's. Both websites have been updated.

http://www.midwestairlines.com/About...gBeverage.aspx

http://www.frontierairlines.com/fron...ht-catering.do

Also, when you are booking a flight, the "Best Care Cuisine" link still shows up on the flight selections, but it no longer works. You receive a "page not found" error and are redirected to the Midwest homepage.

Has anyone else heard about these changes?

Last edited by sparks36; Nov 3, 09 at 3:17 pm
sparks36 is offline  
Old Nov 3, 09, 3:30 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Programs: WN A-List, Hertz 5*, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 3,601
Originally Posted by sparks36 View Post
They have merged Frontier's on-board catering service with Midwest's. Both websites have been updated.

http://www.midwestairlines.com/About...gBeverage.aspx

http://www.frontierairlines.com/fron...ht-catering.do

Also, when you are booking a flight, the "Best Care Cuisine" link still shows up on the flight selections, but it no longer works. You receive a "page not found" error and are redirected to the Midwest homepage.

Has anyone else heard about these changes?
They have obviously cut out all of the hot food options, as well as kept the cost of the food selections lower; maybe the ovens are being saved for more cookies.

Here was the food/beverage info from the YX inflight magazine for Sept/Oct 2009:

http://www.mymidwestmagazine.com/2009/09/01/menu-2/

Paul Newman is also gone.
mke9499 is offline  
Old Nov 3, 09, 3:58 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sussex, WI
Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Fmr Midwest Miles Executive
Posts: 151
Looks like they got rid of The Glenlivet as well and replaced with "Chivas Regal" which is a loss...A bonus is that it looks like they added Mountain Dew to the mix of soda that they offer...It was kind of weird that they never carried this in the past considering it is a huge seller for Pepsi.

Anyone else notice that they have also dropped the granola bars on the morning flights?

The monday morning E170 MKE to BOS flight was cancelled and replaced with an RJ145 and we were served cookies, which caught me off-guard. But for the last couple of weeks there hasnt been anything besides a beverage on the morning flights that I have been on...even on the 717 morning flights that I took.
blucys is offline  
Old Nov 3, 09, 7:46 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: MSN
Programs: Southwest A-List & Companion Pass, Delta Platinum Medallion, Fairmont President's Club Premier
Posts: 206
RJ flights to the East Coast

Do we know whether they've started catering the breakfast items on the E-170 to LGA or CRJ to EWR? Last couple of EWR and LGA runs I did (all in first half of 2009), there was no breakfast catering, with just snacks like cheese curds and cranberry-nut-mix available for breakfast. I used to really like their breakfast catering, particularly the cold option that came with the fruit and the awesome cinnamon yogurt, but the flakiness with whether the flights were catered led me to just grab something to go from Nonna Bartalotta's, which is not a bad option, either.
msntriathlete is offline  
Old Nov 5, 09, 7:49 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by blucys View Post
Looks like they got rid of The Glenlivet as well and replaced with "Chivas Regal" which is a loss...A bonus is that it looks like they added Mountain Dew to the mix of soda that they offer...It was kind of weird that they never carried this in the past considering it is a huge seller for Pepsi.

Anyone else notice that they have also dropped the granola bars on the morning flights?

The monday morning E170 MKE to BOS flight was cancelled and replaced with an RJ145 and we were served cookies, which caught me off-guard. But for the last couple of weeks there hasnt been anything besides a beverage on the morning flights that I have been on...even on the 717 morning flights that I took.
Yes, they are no longer serving the granola bars for breakfast. I am also wondering how long the food will last. On some of the flights last month, I heard the crews say they only recieved 2-4 meals for a full flight and not all the flights have the cafe snacks available. It think it is hard to have happy customers when you promise buy-on-board meals, but they are only offered to four people. If the meal can not be provided, then it is best to stop promoting it. I expect the future service will look more like Frontier except with cookies. At least my crews were generous with the beverages giving out full cans of soda on the longer flights.
NMFH is offline  
Old Nov 6, 09, 6:50 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sussex, WI
Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Fmr Midwest Miles Executive
Posts: 151
I was on a Midwest flight Operated by Frontier last night and they had a full dedicated cart with the new menu they have created....They have a new "Menu Card" on the A319's that has a whole bunch of stuff in it like the website lists, the menu also includes the info. for DirecTV and the movies that are available for that month...I think whatever you see on the website is going to be readily available on the A319's...I will let you know what happens on my E170 on Monday morning.
blucys is offline  
Old Nov 6, 09, 7:47 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,653
Thanks for the info, blucys. Out of curiosity, as an MME did you request/get complementary DIRECTV and/or a drink? The policy change is freshly out there, however that doesn't always mean that everything works like clockwork from day one. At very least I'd guess you might have to show the MME on your boarding pass or your MME card at this point.
knope2001 is offline  
Old Nov 6, 09, 7:51 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,800
Originally Posted by blucys View Post
I was on a Midwest flight Operated by Frontier last night and they had a full dedicated cart with the new menu they have created....They have a new "Menu Card" on the A319's that has a whole bunch of stuff in it like the website lists, the menu also includes the info. for DirecTV and the movies that are available for that month...I think whatever you see on the website is going to be readily available on the A319's...I will let you know what happens on my E170 on Monday morning.
How was the A319 experience, blucy?

Related to catering, I noticed that Midwest no longer serves Alterra coffee either. Sadly, they've replaced it was Caribou

At least I can buy Alterra coffee in the D Concourse before boarding the plane.
BlueHorseShoe2000 is offline  
Old Nov 6, 09, 8:00 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sussex, WI
Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Fmr Midwest Miles Executive
Posts: 151
Originally Posted by knope2001 View Post
Out of curiosity, as an MME did you request/get complementary DIRECTV and/or a drink? The policy change is freshly out there, however that doesn't always mean that everything works like clockwork from day one. At very least I'd guess you might have to show the MME on your boarding pass or your MME card at this point.
Nope, didnt have to show anything...And I had my MME card with me because I had been asked at the MKE TSA for proof that I was MME one time and the fact that "MME" was printed on my boarding pass was not good enough for this TSA agent (havent been asked for my card since), but after that I called and requested my card be sent to me and I have it on me in case.

The flight attendant is given a list at departure of where the MME's are sitting on the plane and she went through the cabin about 10 mins after take-off with a card to swipe on your TV that enabled that screen for free...I believe they also used this list when going through the cabin for service...So I was never asked to show proof of anything.

I did checkin for my flight during the morning...so I dont know how accurate the list is if you change seats when you get to the airport...I am guessing that one of the agents at the gate printed it when they closed the flight.
blucys is offline  
Old Nov 6, 09, 8:08 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sussex, WI
Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Fmr Midwest Miles Executive
Posts: 151
Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe2000 View Post
How was the A319 experience, blucy?
I posted my thoughts on the flight in the other thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/midwe...-benefits.html

I really like the A319's (extra legroom, wider seats than the E170 (not sure on the E190), DirecTV with 20-some channels including the NFL redzone for those traveling on Sunday's...This channel takes you to any game where a team is inside the 20 yard line...one word for that: "AWESOME")...If they can copy that experience over to the E170 & E190, I am going to super happy.

There is a noticeable difference between the service you get from Midwest/Frontier Flight Attendants than Republic, which can be worked on and changed. But, so far, 3 days into the changes to MME, I really like it.
blucys is offline  
Old Nov 21, 09, 5:13 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Programs: WN A-List, Hertz 5*, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 3,601
BOB link now active and displayed at flight selections offering the service.

http://www.midwestairlines.com/About...gBeverage.aspx

Aquafina Bottled Water is available for purchase at $2.00.
mke9499 is offline  
Old Jul 12, 10, 8:08 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1
I heard those things to my friends but I am not sure if that is the things he is telling me. I will try to contact my friend to confirm this. He is the one who know a lot of things about this.
EanZer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread