FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Midwest Airlines Midwest Miles (Pre-Alignment) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/midwest-airlines-midwest-miles-pre-alignment-496/)
-   -   First Flights! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/midwest-airlines-midwest-miles-pre-alignment/1011242-first-flights.html)

pogopossum Oct 28, 2009 6:15 pm

First Flights!

I just completed my first set of flights on YX, MSP>MKE>DCA and return, on a variety of aircraft (CR200, EM190, 717-nice to get on it before it goes away.)

I popped for the front of cabin seating where I could, since it wasn't a big increase in fare. The other mainlines were charging at least double for the comparable flights/times.

The flights were comfortable, and all but the last on time. Service was very good, as were the cookies I've heard about. The FA has to move pretty quick to service a full aircraft with beverages and cookies on the flight from MSP to MKE!

As an MSP captive I see YX as a nice alternative to Delta. If the price is right, a stopover in MKE will not be a big deal heading east (I frequently go to DCA, PHL, and EWR). A little more variety for food in the D concourse would be nice, but that's not an airline thing.

The only downside to the trip was a 2 1/2 hour delay outbound from Milwaukee on the way home, but weather and one less runway appears to be to blame; MSP was a madhouse when I got in.

I haven't been too impressed with Delta's changes to the Worldperks program so I am starting to sample other airline's wares. However, it is nice to be able to apply the miles to Skymiles.

I'll be back. How about MKE>BDL? MKE>CLT? :)

Cheers,
Pogopossum

newsmanhoss Oct 28, 2009 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by pogopossum (Post 12727814)
I just completed my first set of flights on YX, MSP>MKE>DCA and return, on a variety of aircraft (CR200, EM190, 717-nice to get on it before it goes away.)

I popped for the front of cabin seating where I could, since it wasn't a big increase in fare. The other mainlines were charging at least double for the comparable flights/times.

The flights were comfortable, and all but the last on time. Service was very good, as were the cookies I've heard about. The FA has to move pretty quick to service a full aircraft with beverages and cookies on the flight from MSP to MKE!

As an MSP captive I see YX as a nice alternative to Delta. If the price is right, a stopover in MKE will not be a big deal heading east (I frequently go to DCA, PHL, and EWR). A little more variety for food in the D concourse would be nice, but that's not an airline thing.

The only downside to the trip was a 2 1/2 hour delay outbound from Milwaukee on the way home, but weather and one less runway appears to be to blame; MSP was a madhouse when I got in.

I haven't been too impressed with Delta's changes to the Worldperks program so I am starting to sample other airline's wares. However, it is nice to be able to apply the miles to Skymiles.

I'll be back. How about MKE>BDL? MKE>CLT? :)

Cheers,
Pogopossum

Glad to hear you had a mostly positive experience on Midwest. MKE-BDL and MKE-CLT were both served by Midwest in the past. They're near the top of my list of routes that should come back. Hopefully Republic feels the same way.

blucys Oct 29, 2009 4:18 pm

I realize this doesnt really have anything to do with this thread, but it is as good a place as any since starting a new thread for this is probably overkill.

Has everyone noticed the change in the morning service? The last 3 or 4 flights that I have taken over the last 2 weeks have not provided the customary strawberry vanilla granola bars...Were the planes just missed on catering, or has republic cut them out of the budget?