Does YX status match?

Old Oct 26, 09, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Does YX status match?

I was too lazy to do a search, but wanted to know if Midwest matches status achieved on other carriers?

Normally, I've never had an interest in attaining Executive Status but that may be changing.

Thanks!
Old Oct 26, 09, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List, HH Dia, Hyatt Plat, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe2000 View Post
I was too lazy to do a search
Guess you don't much believe in the Chinese proverb "It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness."
but wanted to know if Midwest matches status achieved on other carriers?
As discussed in this thread from last year (which you have even posted in), they previously offered challenges instead of a straight match. However, given the radical changes that have occurred I wouldn't put much stock in past experience and would just call them and ask what the current policy is, and please feel free to share it with us.
Old Oct 26, 09, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Beckles View Post
Guess you don't much believe in the Chinese proverb "It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness."
Ahh...a favorite quote of my sister.

I have not heard of YX status matches in quite some time, either yes or no, so I'm thinking it's worth the request. Let us know your luck or lack of luck.
Old Oct 26, 09, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Beckles View Post
As discussed in this thread from last year (which you have even posted in), they previously offered challenges instead of a straight match.
LOL...nice catch.

I knew there was a thread, but didn't want to take the time to look for it this morning. It's a pain using the search feature on a blackberry.

In any event, I've contacted Midwest and will let you know what their response is.

Last edited by BlueHorseShoe2000; Oct 26, 09 at 2:37 pm
Old Dec 12, 09, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, Amtrak, VIA
In any event, I've contacted Midwest and will let you know what their response is.
What was Midwest's response to a status match request? With the recipricocity with F9, this would be the same as an F9 match, which they aren't currently doing.
Old Dec 14, 09, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Daze View Post
What was Midwest's response to a status match request?
When I hear something I'll let you know.

Honestly, I find it ridiculous that it has been approximately seven weeks and there still has been no official response to what should be a very simple request (although I did receive an email two weeks ago stating that my original request would be sent to the appropriate person for a response). Obviously there are a lot of things in transition at the moment but come on...seven weeks since I sent my email and still no response...
Old Dec 14, 09, 2:35 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Hertz 5*, Bonvoy Gold
When I hear something I'll let you know.

Honestly, I find it ridiculous that it has been approximately seven weeks and there still has been no official response to what should be a very simple request (although I did receive an email two weeks ago stating that my original request would be sent to the appropriate person for a response). Obviously there are a lot of things in transition at the moment but come on...seven weeks since I sent my email and still no response...
Did you try calling the MM department with your request?
Old Dec 15, 09, 1:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, etc.
I was told they don't do it when I asked - no challenge offer in the reply either.
Old Feb 27, 10, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

I finally heard back from Midwest regarding a status match.

They agreed to give me elite status if I complete two round-trip flights within the next two months. However, they will only give me Aspire status.

Considering that I have 1k status with United (100,000 + miles per year), I was somewhat expecting to be bumped up to Executive level.

Since I have two round-trips booked already, I'm going to go for the status. However, I doubt if I'll make an effort to maintain it next year unless Midwest makes some meaningful enhancements to its elite program.
Old Feb 27, 10, 6:55 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
I'm actually pretty surprised that they gave you that, good for them. Hopefully they'll have much improved policies on things like this when they get the brand's lined up.
Old Feb 27, 10, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA (1MM)
Originally Posted by MikeFromMKE View Post
I'm actually pretty surprised that they gave you that, good for them. Hopefully they'll have much improved policies on things like this when they get the brand's lined up.
I find it more surprising that it took them 4 months to arrive at a decision.
Old Mar 1, 10, 3:53 pm
Suspended

Do you get any other benefits with status, except bonus miles?

Search this Thread